Even though writing a stellar resume is just the first step, you’ll still need a strong one to move to the next steps of the hiring process. Refer to our accountant resume sample on this page for more help, and read on for some resume writing tips.
Accountant Resume Sample
Seasoned professional accountant with 7 years of experience in recording, examining, and closing tax accounts, accounts receivables and accounts payables. Experienced in leading a team of accountants and finding business solutions through accounting to reform current processes. Motivated both by team and solo work.
- Intuit QuickBooks
- SQL Proficiency
- ATX Total Tax Office
- Lead a team of 6 professional accountants, focused on performance management in various departments, including payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable
- Fix variances between forecasted budgets and actual spending each month; work to limit variances by over 15% in 2 months
- Prepare and finalize financial statements and reports to upper management for evaluation
- Review journal entries and accruals as logged by general ledger accountants
- Organized tax schedules to ensure timely payment
- Created and incorporated new procedures to combine multiple accounting systems, centralizing the accounting records and increasing accuracy by approximately 20%
- Led the movement from manual to automated systems using Intuit Quickbooks
- Logged tax payments on a bi-weekly basis and ensured accuracy of records
- Tutored 10 ESL elementary school children to improve literacy and help them with their homework
- Organized interactive activities to help personal growth for the children, such as arts and crafts and story time
- Coordinated with supervisors to create fundraisers to raise money for under-privileged children
- Created aesthetic flyers for general body meetings and networking events, and pushed out the ads to social media sites, including Facebook and Instagram
- Planned and implemented networking events with top companies such as Deloitte, Bain, CNN, and Macy’s
Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting, Double Major: Economics
Cumulative GPA: 3.7/4.0, Major GPA: 3.8/4.0
Dean’s List Fall 2009 and Spring 2010, Alpha Upsilon Epsilon, Honor Society
Relevant Courses: Financial Risks, Principles of Auditing
HONORS AND AWARDS
- 100 Senior Honorary
- Goizueta Scholar
- Omicron Delta Honor Society
- PBL Business Ethics Competition: 4th Place in Nationals
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Job? Let’s Check.
Yes, it does! Better yet, employers won’t have to scan the entire document to learn this. Instead, our jobseeker used her summary statement to explain that she is a “seasoned professional” who has “7 years of work experience in recording, examining, and closing tax accounts, accounts receivables and accounts payables.”
In her work history field, she also mentions her financial reporting in the accountant manager position at Ernst and Young, where she prepares financial statements and reports.
Absolutely! Working with taxes is a fundamental responsibility of an accountant, so jobseekers should include their experiences working with taxes. As you can see, our candidate has experience as a tax accountant. Here she explained her work to clarify that she’s proficient in tax records and payments.
Affirmative. Each bullet point in the work experience section starts out with a strong action verb. These responsibilities include “lead a team,” “fix variances,” “prepare and finalize financial statements,” “Review journal entries,” and more. Note that she didn’t use phrases like “was involved with,” or “was responsible for.” These great examples don’t stop at the work history section. In the volunteer experience section, this accountant resume sample demonstrates strong actions, from “created aesthetic flyers” to “developed a SWOT analysis” as well.
It does! In the skills section, our sample lists various technical skills that accountants use on the job. That includes Intuit Quickbooks, SQL proficiency, and ATX Total Tax Office. She also showcased other crucial skills in her work experience section as well.
You bet it does! Although accountants can get master’s degrees, you can also become an accountant with a bachelor’s. In this case, the resume showcases a bachelor’s in accounting, which is the ideal course of study for this field. This section also lists relevant coursework, including a study abroad opportunity, which shows the candidate’s versatility.