That’s why it is so important to find an accounting clerk resume sample that reflects the kind of experiences your previous jobs provided you with. Check out the sample resume included here, and then read on to explore the tips that help you understand why this resume is such a good example for its career field. Once you do, it will be easier to approach writing your own.
Accounting Clerk Resume
Denver, CO 11111 • [email protected] • 555-555-5511
Five years’ experience in a supporting clerk position within a Fortune 500 accounting department. Provided support to licensed CPAs through data entry, bookkeeping, and report preparation. Spearheaded savings initiatives that led to an overall cost reduction of 5% for the entire department.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical best practices
- Proficiency with FlexiFinancials and Intuit Quickbooks financial management software
- Additional proficiencies with Microsoft Access, Auditware, and Paisly Cardmap
- Strong quantitative reasoning skills
- Excellent reading comprehension and written communication
- Strong verbal communication and active listening skills
Servine Medical Group, Denver, CO
- Operate accounting software to store, sort, and analyze financial data
- Check all data entered and figures resulting from calculations for accuracy
- Receive and record, then bank, cash, checks, and vouchers
- Operate 10 key interfaces for data entry purposes and to perform calculations
- Ensure accounting department compliance with state, local, and federal tax laws and business regulations
MBG Medical Billing Group, Denver, CO
- Entered figures and financial data into company bookkeeping software
- Assisted the accounting clerks with the preparation of monthly financial reports
- Inspected all entries for accuracy
- Performed reviews for other data entry clerks to cross-train and to maintain quality assurance
- Scanned hard copies of documents to ensure electronic archival
Aurora Park Grocery, Aurora, CO
- Entered figures and financial data into Intuit Quickbooks
- Compiled sales and expense reports on a weekly and monthly basis
- Reported financial trends and findings directly to the store owner
- Advised the owner about possible cost savings opportunities
- Ensured record backup through electronic archival methods
State Farm Insurance, Aurora, CO
- Read and processed documents pertaining to insurance policies and claims and entered them into the requisite online forms
- Scanned archival copies of all documents after processing for permanent storage
- Entered pertinent data into a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and Access database
- Verified the accuracy of all data by cross-consulting with the originals
- Trained new hires in the best practices for data entry
University of Colorado, Denver
Graduated summa cum laude
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Accounting Clerk Resume? Let’s Check
This can be a difficult goal to accomplish, but you can see that the accounting clerk resume sample provides for both by showing how the application of the quantifiable skills and the soft skills go together. For example, demonstrating the ability to lead and give feedback and the candidate’s visual inspection skills is easy when you can point to experience cross-training or providing quality feedback to others.
Yes. While this particular resume does not have many quantifiable metrics, that is because the job is one that involves the constant upkeep and oversight of several complex processes. The accomplishments and duties performed at each job specifically note the ways the duties contribute to the overall function of the accounting department. They also start with easy-to-visualize action verbs, making it easier for hiring managers to see the candidate in the roles described on the accounting clerk resume sample.
Yes. In fact, the writer of this resume has gone to great lengths to make sure each point speaks to exactly one of those important factors. The resulting crisp, clear, and balanced resume flows well from that opening because of this.
In this case, the education section almost makes the candidate appear overqualified, but if you notice, the CPA credentials are very recent. This, coupled with the fact that more and more businesses are requiring full CPA certification for senior clerks, makes the candidate’s approach ideal. Be careful about applying for jobs when you far exceed the credentials required, but remember that companies look for both experience and education. If you are wondering whether or not your resume aims at the right level, take a look at comparable resume samples for both the job you want and the promotion you might be able to gain through a new position.
Absolutely. Reviewing the document demonstrates the active voice thoroughly, and without exception. The importance of active voice is twofold. First, it reduces wordiness by discouraging complex verb phrases. Second, it is eminently clear because the syntax of direct voice is more straightforward. For readers looking to review resumes very quickly, this is essential.