Accounting Specialist Resume Samples in 2023A strong resume can open doors you wouldn’t have expected. When you’ve prepared well, using a sample resume as a guide, your personal document could motivate hiring personnel to take a closer look, hopefully leading to an interview. As you work through your rough draft to your final draft, a sample resume serves as a source of guidance and answers. For example, our accounting specialist resume sample could help you determine the right content to include in your resume and offer an appealing format upon which to base your own document.
If you’re starting fresh on a new resume, begin by studying our sample below and the included writing tips. You’ll get professional ideas for each section you include in your resume and learn how to format and write each section to stand out from your competitors’ resumes. Continue to refer to our example and writing tips and maintain a clear head to create a professional, effective resume that puts your qualifications in the best light.
Accounting Specialist Resume Sample
Detail-oriented accountant specialist with extensive knowledge of accounting principles, processes, and software systems. Managed multiple high-end projects, consistently meeting deadlines while maintaining accuracy. Self-motivated and able to work well alone and as part of a team.
- Six years’ experience in private accounting firm, handling high-end clients
- Extensive knowledge of accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll
- Expert at account reconciliation and auditing
- Proficiency in Oracle, QuickBooks, Excel, and most common accounting software
- Well-organized and effective time management
- Clear communication skills, both verbal and written
Las Cruces, NM
Accounting Specialist, Oct. 2015 – Present
- Maintain ledger accounts and complete financial statements for firm
- Research and record complex analytics surrounding targeted trends used by clients
- Search for and correct anomalies in monthly bank account data, improving accuracy by 13%
- Discuss results with clients, offering financial advice and preparing financial improvement documents for client education, the use of which has expanded to other offices
- Forecast cash requirements for key clients to ensure adequate project funding with 98% accuracy
- Supervise team of accountants who prepare and file monthly statements, including estimates for quarterly tax payments
Las Cruces, NM
Accountant, March 2013 – Oct. 2015
- Posted accounts receivable receipts and accounts payable invoices to appropriate accounts
- Reconciled accounts at end of day and reconciled all accounts monthly and quarterly
- Facilitated payroll for up to 34 employees, including payment of performance bonuses as directed by administration
- Maintained database of employee contact and bank information for deposits
- Introduced a digital spreadsheet, reducing accounting time by 27%
- Collaborated with three other accountants to prepare monthly financial statements
San Ysidro, NM
Junior Accountant, Sept. 2009 – Feb. 2013
- Assisted in processing payroll for local businesses
- Prepared reports of financial transactions for review
- Handled general ledger accounts for two businesses, identifying discrepancies and saving businesses an average of 7% monthly
- File quarterly and yearly accounts, introduced software system to managers
- Responded to client concerns and maintained professional relationships
- Managed petty cash, clerical duties, and administrative tasks as requested
Currently participating in federal taxation CPE course
El Paso University 2013
BS in Accounting
El Paso, TX
Clovis Community College
AS in Mathematics 2011
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Accounting Specialist Resume? Let’s Check
The jobseeker gives good examples of current accounting knowledge. The education section lists participation in a federal taxation course. Throughout the work experience listings, there are examples of current knowledge of accounting principles. One good example of this is “Forecast cash requirements for key clients to ensure adequate project funding with 98% accuracy.” The use of the word “forecast” and the inclusion of the 98% metric show that the jobseeker is aware of current trends and has the right information to make correct predictions.
Yes. Successful accountants participate in ongoing education throughout their careers, and our jobseeker uses the education section of the resume to clearly show pertinent credentials and participation in continuing professional education. The most recent education experiences appear first and other educational achievements follow in reverse chronological order.
The accounting specialist resume sample does well at describing the grasp of many accounting skills. Successful accounting specialists generally require skills in business finance, tax preparation, completion of reports, and the use of accounting software. Our applicant demonstrates familiarity with these and other skills, using examples such as “research and record complex analytics,” “facilitated payroll for up to 34 employees,” “proficiency in Oracle, QuickBooks, Excel, and most common accounting software,” and “knowledge of accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll.”
Absolutely! The writer of this resume does a great job showing a progression in responsibility from the first position as a junior accountant to the position of leadership in the current job of supervising a team of accountants. In addition to drawing attention to examples of more responsibility, the applicant gives examples of career achievements such as “preparing financial improvement documents for client education, the use of which has expanded to other offices” and “identifying discrepancies and saving businesses an average of 7% monthly.”
To advance in the accounting field, accountants must be able to communicate with peers and clients. Additionally, ambitious professionals should display leadership and management skills. Our applicant includes examples of creating training materials and supervising other accountants. The skills section of the accounting specialist resume sample includes valuable soft skills, such as “well-organized” and the summary statement begins with the soft skill “detail-oriented.”