Our entry level financial analyst resume sample is an excellent example of a professional format and solid information. We’ve also included writing tips to help as you decide how to design your best resume. By thinking carefully through the information you list in each section and tailoring your resume to the specific position you’re applying for, you can increase your odds of attracting the attention of hiring managers.
Entry Level Financial Analyst Resume Sample
• Currently an investment banker for Candlewood Partners
• Background in computer science as well as accounting and business administration
• Honest and detail-oriented, with extensive communication and mathematical abilities
- Adept at learning and utilizing software packages
- Excellent decision-making and persuasion skills
- Able to effectively communicate and negotiate
- Outstanding math skills
- Superior knowledge of the financial industry
- Able to analyze financial information to find profitable investments
Candlewood Partners, Cleveland, OH
- Communicate with prospective clients to provide them with information about available services
- Increased the client base by 10% and improve it consistently by adding at least one new client each week
- Advise clients on the purchase or sale of their investments to keep their portfolios profitable
- Track the performance of individual securities and the financial market to know what to recommend to clients
- Manage time wisely to ensure necessary purchases and sales take place
Progressive Insurance, Cleveland OH
- Interviewed potential clients to discuss their financial situation and how their needs aligned with their current coverage
- Increased client coverage by an average of 15% and added at least one new policy for 85% of clients
- Dealt with policy expirations to persuade clients to renew their coverage
- Decreased exiting clients by 17% and had a renewal rate of 90%
- Explained the features and benefits of our policies and packages to create the best coverage plan for each client
Cohen & Company, Cleveland, OH
- Learned the company culture by observing the actions of current employees
- Partnered with experienced employees to ensure the accuracy of client accounts
- Networked with members of management to establish a positive relationship and demonstrate social and communication skills
- Inquired about different job duties to understand more about the requirements of an accountant and express my interest in the position
- Completed tasks with effort and enthusiasm to show motivation and dedication
University of Cleveland, Cleveland, OH
Associate of Science in Computer Science-May 2008
Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Entry Level Financial Analyst Resume? Let’s Check
By emphasizing his multifaceted background in the summary statement and listing skills required of an entry level financial analyst, this jobseeker has done an excellent job of demonstrating his aptitude for the position. He also mentions his double major in accounting and business administration in the education section, which can help impress hiring managers.
Certainly. His responsibilities at his current position as an investment banker as well as the customer service skills he cultivated as an insurance agent are excellent ways to prepare for a career as a financial analyst. Because it is helpful for financial analysts to have superior communication skills, previous experience working in the sales or customer service industry can show you have fostered those abilities.
Yes. In the skills section of this entry level financial analyst resume sample, the jobseeker mentions his ability to effectively communicate and negotiate, which are key to handling client interactions in a professional manner. Most of the job responsibilities he listed in the work experience section involve taking control of customer situations that can sometimes be difficult and pressured. This indicates he has the background necessary to be effective with clients.
The jobseeker in this entry level financial analyst resume sample mentions in the summary statement that he has a background in computer science. Although not required, having extra knowledge in this area as an entry level candidate can catch the attention of a hiring manager, especially when mentioned in the first section of your resume where it is almost guaranteed that recruiters will read and notice it.
By using numerical data to show the positive impact he made in his prior positions, this jobseeker makes it clear that he can be successful in a variety of jobs and would be a benefit to the company. Especially in the financial industry, it can be helpful to demonstrate your achievements with figures and percentages, as hiring managers in this field tend to be more convinced by quantifiable information.