When you’re ready to start crafting your professional resume, start by studying our senior accountant resume sample and the writing tips we’ve included. You can get ideas for each section of your resume and learn how to write in a professional and concise manner that sets your document apart from the competition. With our comprehensive guide and a little hard work, you can create a stunning resume that showcases your unique qualifications to catch a hiring manager’s interest.
Senior Accountant Resume Sample
Dedicated senior accountant with experience managing multiple clients, corporate accounts, and internal budgeting strategies. Expert proficiency accounting, tax preparation, and financial analysis software. Proven track record of developing innovative solutions for improving cost-efficiency, streamlining accounts-receivable record keeping, and simplifying corporate tax preparation.
- Proficient with QuickBooks, PeopleSoft Financials, and Total Tax Office
- In-depth knowledge of internal accounting and corporate tax procedures
- Excellent understanding of economics and accounting principles
- Organized and accurate
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Effective leadership and motivation
- Manage 10 accounts-receivable team members to ensure accurate and efficient work
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for individual accounts as well as summaries for entire accounts-receivable department
- Oversee yearly tax preparations as necessary to ensure timely filing and complete records
- Develop new digital record-keeping procedures utilizing several accounting programs to ensure readable, accessible, secure, and complete data
- Complete annual performance reviews for team members and develop individualized goals to improve overall performance and morale
- Interacted directly with clients to complete accounts-receivable transactions
- Calculated payment amounts and created accurate invoices for delivery to clients
- Reviewed incoming payments and updated client accounts to reflect current balance and relevant fees and interest
- Prepared tax-related statements for submission to accounting department manager, investors, and governmental organizations
- Developed internal budget strategies that resulted in a 12% reduction of total annual expenditures
- Received Employee Excellence Award in 2013
- Assisted accounting team members in creating financial records for corporate clients
- Reviewed existing financial records for accuracy and completeness
- Converted physical financial statements and invoices into digital accounting records to improve record-keeping efficiency
- Created a digital template to standardize financial records, reducing data-entry time by an average of 30%
- Completed rigorous mentoring program with one-on-one training from senior accountants, tax preparation experts, and financial managers
Institute of Management Accountants, Colorado
Master of Business Administration in Accounting – 2012
Colorado State University, Colorado
Bachelor of Science in Accounting – 2008
University of Northern Colorado, Colorado
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Senior Accountant Resume? Let’s Check
Yes. This resume does an excellent job of showcasing the candidate’s effectiveness and value as an employee through descriptions of his professional accomplishments. The summary statement describes the candidate’s “proven track record of developing innovative solutions” that have desirable results. The details in the work experience section discuss the candidate’s method to reduce data-entry time, procedures for improving financial records, and a budget that reduced overall expenditures.
The candidate does a good job of focusing on his professional knowledge and practical expertise. The skills section lists areas of technical prowess: proficiency with financial software programs, knowledge of economics and accounting, and analytical skills. The education section succinctly lists the candidate’s academic experience. Notice how the information is in reverse chronological order, which draws attention to the candidate’s educational progression that culminates in a prestigious certification.
The work experience section does an excellent job of showing how this candidate used his talents to contribute meaningfully in prior positions. The bullet points in each section illuminate some of the most significant accomplishments at each position. The candidate has proven experience implementing effective budgeting strategies and improving the efficiency and accuracy of financial records.
Numerous sections of this resume showcase the reasons this candidate is ready for an upper-level position. The clearly defined job titles in the work experience show a progression from junior employee to team leader. The skill section lists leadership abilities along with expertise in accounting. Additionally, the candidate’s current position includes managing a team of accountants, and he showcases his ability to motivate his team successfully.
A hiring manager isn’t going to care about a candidate’s qualifications if they’re buried in an overly long document or described in poorly written language. This resume is concise and to-the-point, with only the necessary details included. The simple, clear format makes it easy to differentiate each section and to get all the important information through just a quick overview.