Our resume sample can give you a better idea of not only how to format your resume, but the tips we have included below can also help you avoid making common mistakes. With a little bit of effort on your end in addition to following the guidelines we’ve included, you’ll be well on your way to crafting a resume that hiring managers notice.
Creative Director Resume Sample
Phoenix, AZ 11111 • [email protected] • 555-998-4775
Experienced, attentive, and intuitive creative director with over five years of experience in an advertising-related field. Talented at seeing the bigger picture and overseeing a small team to create deliverables that enhance client vision and mission. Able to work under tight deadlines and pressure without compromising the artistic integrity of the final product for consistent client satisfaction.
- Messaging and branding consistency
- Visual communication and branding redirection
- Creative team management
- Storyboarding and cross-channel marketing
- POS design and customized packaging
- Print and web interactive design
Blooming and Rogers Agency, Mesa, AZ
- Oversee in-house and freelance teams to lead all phases of both state and nationwide advertising campaigns, including managing budgets and creating outstanding deliverables
- Create art-directed multimedia campaigns focused on delivering organization messages based on client goals and vision
- Develop, design, and produce sales-inducing creative campaigns using multiple forms of media, including print, packaging, internet, and television
- Tailor creative programs and campaigns based on input from clients
Branding and Power Agency, LLC, Phoenix, AZ
- Created branding messages and visuals based on the needs of new and long-running campaigns to enhance the visual experiences of users
- Worked with design leads and the creative director to propel industry-leading campaigns forward, including the 2014 winner of the prestigious Art in Form award
- Worked with Adobe Creative Suite and other forms of technology and programs to create graphics that were stunning, eye-catching, and effective for campaigns
Powerful Products, Gilbert, AZ
- Oversaw account needs and determined when to produce creative graphics and other materials based on project timelines
- Answered client questions about the status of campaigns and consulted with designers regarding best practices
- Finalized design images and put together preliminary sketches and visuals based on the initial demands of various campaigns
- Attended meetings with clients to witness and provide input during the first stages of the creative process
Arizona State University, Tempe
ActionScript, Adobe Creative Suite Master Collection (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Final Cut Pro, HTML/CSS, Mac OSX
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Creative Director Resume? Let’s Check
Definitely! In the education section of this resume sample, the candidate lists he has a degree in graphic design from an accredited university. He also lists the computer programs he can work with that are key to success as a creative director in the bottom portion of this resume section.
Yes. As both a creative director and a graphic designer, the candidate notes multiple times that he has worked directly with others involved with the creative process to successfully lead a client campaign. His progressive experience in a creative position also demonstrates he is able to lead others to the point where higher ups notice his work gets.
Affirmative. Multiple times in the Summary statement, education section, and the work experience section the candidate backs up his skills with examples of where his work has met the demands of his current position. For example, as a graphic designer, he worked on a campaign that won a prestigious award in 2012.
You bet it does! This resume follows an easy-to-read format with clear and concise wording that demonstrates his proficiency in a creative role. Bullet points are also used in the skills section and the work experience section to ensure the reader can read and comprehend key information quickly and easily. Additionally, he formatted every section in a way that is easy to read while providing as much important information as possible.
It does! Several times throughout the resume, the creative director says he has experience working directly with clients and meeting their needs. For example, in the creative director entry of the work experience section, the candidate mentions he regularly tweaks campaigns to meet the demands of clients. As an intern for a creative agency, the candidate also stated he sat in on client meetings to see the beginnings of creative campaigns, so he shows he knows what it takes to ensure clients are happy.