The resume sample shows the formatting hiring managers want to see as well as beneficial information to include. There are also additional writing tips to further guide you as you craft the perfect resume. Read on to improve your writing skills, and you will likely have a more fruitful job hunt.
Bank Teller Resume Sample
Reliable teller who has worked at several different banks over the last five years. Excelled at offering superior customer service to all of the bank’s customers and was able to resolve conflicts without escalation. Proficient with numerous devices often seen in banks, including laser printers, cash advance terminals, and receipt printers.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient with Sage 50 Accounting software
- Knowledge of various clerical duties
- Friendly, personable demeanor
- Basic knowledge of mathematical concepts
- Strong eye for detail
- Able to work directly with the public
2014 – Present
- Count cash at the beginning and end of every shift to ensure accurate records
- Accept various forms of payments from patrons, including cash, checks, and money orders
- Resolve issues customers have with their accounts, helping to retain numerous customers throughout course of employment
- Refer customers to supervisor when something was beyond means to fix
- Assist patrons with exchanging foreign currency to U.S. dollars
- Inform customers of various services bank offers, which resulted in many customers getting loans from the bank as a direct result of personal recommendation
- Prepare work schedules for all 20 tellers who work at the bank, ensuring everyone receives a minimum of 30 hours a week
- Assist other tellers when they have problems accepting a payment or balancing an account
2012 – 2014
- Monitored credit union vaults at least once a week to ensure cash reserves were at sufficient levels and requested more when appropriate
- Identified mistakes with transactions and ensured balances were correct for customers
- Prepared cashier’s checks for patrons of credit union
- Examined checks for accuracy, and on several occasions, discovered customers were trying to cash fraudulent checks and referred them to proper authorities
- Received utility bill payments customers would have and cashed them to the proper utility company
- Ordered debit and credit cards on behalf of patrons, and obtained their contact information to mail cards off later
- Performed various clerical tasks, including filing and typing
Courses in business statistics, accounting, and principles of management
Hudson County Community College
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Bank Teller Resume? Let’s Check
Bank tellers have to work with the public every single day, so it is vital for applicants to have experience dealing with a wide array of personalities. This resume sample does a good job of mentioning the candidate’s ability to act friendly and personable. The sample also spends time focusing on the jobseeker’s conflict resolution skills. Some bank patrons can get unruly or angry, and it is important to show you can handle yourself when those moments arise.
It is paramount for jobseekers to include bulleted lists in their resume, and this bank teller resume sample does a great job of including them. Hiring managers only have so much time to devote to each application. They may have dozens to read through. You want an employer to be capable of reading through yours effortlessly. That is also why you want to keep each point in the Skills and Qualifications section relatively short.
Yes. This applicant has worked at several places as a bank teller, and those are the experiences she focuses on. She may have had other work earlier in life, but when you write a resume, you want to focus on what is going to be most attractive to a hiring manager. In the event you do not specifically have teller experiences, you would want to focus on jobs that have transferrable skills to that position.
You never want to become stagnant with your resume. You want to show how you have earned more important responsibilities as the years have gone on. This bank teller resume sample does a good job of showing how the candidate has earned more supervisory roles. For instance, her most current job states she is in charge of scheduling and has learned how to exchange foreign currency. Those are impressive and show growth from her previous job.
You do not necessarily have to have an Accomplishments section within your resume, but you should still show accomplishments within the Work Experience section. The resume sample does this by relaying a story of how the jobseeker prevented fraud. You may not have that exact experience, but you should feel free to mention a specific experience that showcases your abilities.