Our insurance agent resume sample can help you create an enticing, well-written resume that not only grabs the attention of employers but also sets you apart from others vying for the position at the very start. In addition to the sample resume we’ve created, we’ve included several tips and tricks below so writing your resume is an effective, simplified process. This way, you’ll be well on your way to getting the job you apply for thanks to your resume.
Insurance Agent Resume Sample
Driven, experienced insurance agent with knowledge regarding many types of personal and commercial insurance, including life, medical, health, vehicle, and general liability. Strong sales background complemented by insurance experience allows for exceptional follow-through on new leads and for meeting client needs with precision. Personable and highly organized with a propensity for ensuring all clients experience success obtaining or refining their policies.
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Database and claims management
- Superior networking and sales skills
- Able to recommend comprehensive coverage to clients
- Effective at understanding client needs, including commercial clients
- Knowledgeable regarding insurance rules and regulations
State Farm Insurance, Phoenix, AZ
- Manage over 100 corporate and consumer insurance accounts, including those for organizations with ever-changing insurance needs
- Oversee claims process and ensure clients have their claims resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible while working with opposing parties
- Analyze new client needs and recommend insurance options based on goals, including life, health, vehicle, and home insurance
- Train new sales representatives on insurance coverage options and ongoing insurance initiatives to entice new clients
- Maintain high closing average on new accounts to boost revenue of organization and qualify for regular bonuses
- Avidly research updates in the insurance industry and suggest new coverage options to existing clients based on changes in the industry and area
Insurance for Life, Tempe AZ
- Contacted potential clients via different methods of communication and determined if organization could meet their specific needs
- Followed through on leads and oversaw the introduction process to a full suite of life insurance products
- Maintained strong network of clientele and insurance agents and fostered the relationship between these two parties for successful account creation
- Oversaw existing client accounts and introduced new insurance projects based on changing needs over an extended period of time
- Worked directly with insurance agents to identify clients who might be in need of new insurance coverage or a different policy
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors Member
2012 – present
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Insurance Agent Resume? Let’s Check
Yes! The resume starts off with a summary statement that is short and concise, but it still includes plenty of information about who the candidate is and his skills. Then, the resume includes a work experience section formatted with bullet points so the reader is able to learn the candidate’s most important skills quickly. Followed by these two sections are the work experience and education sections, and they are both to the point while including valuable information in an easy-to-read manner.
It sure does! This section includes two work experience entries, starting with the candidate’s most recent job. The first job experience is as an insurance agent, and the second listed is as an insurance sales professional, which is where many insurance agents get their start. These two experiences show that the candidate started off within the industry gaining the background he needed to succeed as an agent and effectively help clients with their coverage needs.
Yes! Insurance agents need to be able to recommend insurance options to their clients in a friendly manner while overseeing the claims process. The candidate’s resume shows both of these skills in the skills section. In both the summary section and work experience section of the resume, employers see that the candidate truly has the right skills for the job by including necessary and applicable skills.
As you can see from the summary statement, work experience, and skills sections of the resume sample, the candidate makes sure to showcase his sales background and interpersonal skills. Starting with the summary statement, the jobseeker mentions that he has experience with sales, and he also includes an entry as an insurance sales professional under the work experience section.
Definitely! Although the work experience section only features two jobs, both of the positions span over the course of seven years. Many insurance agents need to have a background in the insurance industry, and you should make sure to showcase your experience with insurance sales, claims management, or whatever other experiences you have within the industry throughout your own resume.