Once you start preparing your professional record, evaluate our risk management resume sample and the included writing advice. Get ideas on how to structure each section of the resume and how to use professional language to help you stand out from the competition. Put in the time with our complete guide to create that fabulous resume to feature your special qualifications and get potential employers to notice you.
Risk Management Resume Sample
Los Angeles, CA 11111 • [email protected] • 555-555-5678
Seasoned risk manager with more than 10 years of experience in risk management. Skilled expert in developing and implementing successful risk management policies. Talented communicator with extensive track record of effective relationship-building to positively affect sales, financial teams, and clients.
- Strong mathematics and communications skills
- Problem-solver who exercises good judgment and decision-making skills
- Deep knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices
- Proficiency in business and management principles, such as strategic planning and resource allocation
- Competence in law, legal codes, government regulations, and agency rules
- Technologically savvy in databases and applications
Federal Financial, Santa Monica, CA
- Transform more than 750 leads into sales, producing at least $1 million in revenue
- Document and communicate key risks to management, while contributing to risk management systems development
- Identify mitigating factors of potential investments, including asset types and values, ownership and legal structures, and industry segments
- Develop and implement risk assessment models and methodologies
- Formulate processes and systems to monitor validity of risk modeling outputs
- Collect risk-related data from internal and external resources
- Oversee data quality and input of risk management systems
- Provide advice on controlling and reducing risk to management and staff
State Financial, Santa Ana, CA
- Converted more than 500 leads into sales, generating at least $500,000 in revenue
- Reviewed and updated risk management policies to adapt new business processes
- Analyzed and reported business transaction and strategy risk levels
- Assessed business and financial documents and audited asset data to determine risk
- Created and implemented internal control plans
- Trained employees on new risk management policies
- Developed reports on potential plans and presented them to management
City Financial, Beverly Hills, CA
- Recommended improvements to risk management framework
- Updated risk reporting system with new information
- Developed reports for management and client review
- Collaborated with management to develop mitigation strategies
- Identified project risks and implemented corrections
- Conducted workshops on risk assessment and identification
Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA
Graduated magna cum laude
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Risk Management Resume? Let’s Check
Yes. Each position stays within the recommended five to bullet points to describe the position. The writer avoids using lengthy blocks of text, and every bullet point begins with a strong action verb. Bullet points are easier than paragraphs in helping hiring managers and recruiters get their needed information about your work history and experience. The resume is well-formatted and does not exceed more than a page.
Absolutely. The applicant’s background is typical of risk managers or others with similar occupations. Most risk management specialists have a bachelor’s degree, in business, management, mathematics, economics, or accounting. The resume sample shows that this jobseeker possesses the educational background and notes graduation with honors. Recruiters and hiring managers will see he has the mandatory education and experience, though the work history takes higher precedence over the education since the candidate has 10 years of work experience.
Sure. This candidate began his career as a risk manager at a company and then showed a quantifiable achievement in the next position, having “converted more than 500 leads into sales, generating at least $500,000 in revenue.” In the most recent job, the jobseeker has a senior position, indicating a raise in title and responsibilities, and lists another metric: “Transform more than 750 leads into sales, producing at least $1 million in revenue.”
Definitely. For the hard skills, the skills and work history of the resume sample lists a background in business, management, economics, and legal knowledge. The descriptions under each position support this, as well as problem-solving and decision-making skills. For the soft skills, the candidate shows examples of working and communicating with team members of various levels, from management to staff, in addition to clients.
Very well. The candidate has a record of using systems to update information and reviewing information to perform risk analysis, which is crucial for this position. He has involvement with business process and risk management system development and is a known advisor and a trainer, indicating that his knowledge is strong, his communication and interpersonal skills are good, and he is a respected leader.