Instead of starting from scratch and getting frustrated with the writing process, you should guide your writing with a resume sample. Samples can help most candidates transform their resumes from typical to extraordinary. In the section below, you can see the camp counselor resume sample and detailed writing guide. Use this resource to give your document a little more polish and power and quickly land the job you desire and deserve.
Camp Counselor Resume Sample
Capable and dedicated camp counselor with a history of mentoring and encouraging kids. Strong sense of compassion and a great role model. Able to give kids a fun and rewarding experience in a camp setting.
- Strong natural leadership ability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Scouting and wilderness survival skills
- Experience with special needs children
- Ability to effectively manage behavior
- Knowledge of coaching
June 2017 – present
- Oversee the daily activities schedule for a camp of more than 300 children and plan special events and theme weeks
- Lead an individual group of 10 children throughout their daily schedule of swimming, arts and crafts, and sports activities
- Perform first aid or other basic life-saving skills when someone gets hurt
- Design a positive behavior management plan for children throughout the camp experience, with a 25% reduction in camp suspensions
- Supervise children during field trips to local sites, such as the zoo, aquarium, and theme parks
Tutor, Atlanta Neighborhood Recreation Council
May 2015 – June 2017
- Worked with three students throughout the school year, helping them improve their reading and math grades by 50%
- Identified math and reading needs during the first few meetings by evaluating current performance
- Created an individual plan for each student to help make concept attainment more fun and productive
- Communicated with each student’s teachers and parents to check progress and make new goals
- Motivated students with positive praise and rewards
Volunteer Mentor, Cobb County Parks
June 2013 – May 2015
- Participated in a mentoring program for inner city students at risk of dropping out of school, helping four students graduate
- Checked in each week and reviewed the student’s academic progress and other concerns
- Developed friendships with students and provided positive interactions to help motivate them toward success
- Partnered with the community and helped organize plans for mentoring in the Atlanta area for more than 250 children
- Organized trips to colleges and universities in the area to help at-risk kids get on a plan for college readiness
Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
Certificate in First Aid – 2015
American Red Cross, Atlanta, Georgia
High School Diploma – 2013
Mercer High School, Atlanta, Georgia
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Camp Counselor Resume? Let’s Check
Yes. This resume sample document demonstrates the perfect layout for a professional resume. The candidate begins with his contact information at the top of the document, with his email address and phone number. He then starts with a strong and convincing summary statement. He includes his skills, work experience, and education section as well.
This camp counselor resume sample shows off a long history of experience working with kids. The jobseeker does not have a career that spans over many years, but he does have plenty of experiences related to being a camp counselor. In his work experience, he includes experiences such as volunteering to mentor kids, working as tutor, and performing the duties of a camp counselor for children.
The writer of this resume shows off plenty of professional experiences and skills that would be helpful in a camp setting. He has “leadership ability” and “scouting and wilderness survival skills.” In the work experience section, the candidate planned and led camp activities. He has also experienced taking children to a variety of sites for daily field trips.
The resume writer shows he has experience with “special needs children.” He also has a mentoring background in working with kids who have been at risk. He shows flexibility and a commitment to working with many different types of children, whether in an inner city setting or a rustic campground location.
Since safety is an important thing when working with children, this jobseeker provides several details addressing his focus on being safe. He possesses a certification in first aid from the American Red Cross. He also performed basic life-saving skills during his experience as a camp counselor in his work experience. Additionally, he has wilderness survival skills, which shows his continued focus on being safe and prepared under any circumstances.