How can you be sure you’ve included the right information? Use our desktop support resume sample as a writing guide. This document could serve as a document against which you might compare your own. It’ll provide examples of attention-grabbing content, professional formatting tips, and tips for impressing potential employers. You may identify ways to improve your existing resume or get the start you need to create a new document.
Desktop Support Resume Sample
Friendly desktop support technician with five years’ experience dealing with computer applications, hardware, and operating systems. Supported more than 1,000 users, achieving record for level of productivity two years in a row. Excellent problem-solver with MCSE and CCNA certifications.
Skills and Qualifications
- Thorough grasp of TCP/IP configuration, MAC OSX, and Microsoft Windows
- Skilled at trouble-shooting issues related to software, hardware, LAN and WAN, and operating systems
- Familiarity with many brands (and non-brands) of laptops, laser printers, PCs, and peripherals
- Demonstrable ability to resolve user issues using a variety of remote access tools
- Documented history of successfully responding to inquiries and tickets with positive and timely results
- Confident, patient, and able to remain professional when dealing with clients
February 2016 – Current
LANWAN Networking Team
- Set up network user accounts and permissions, reset passwords, and administered group policies
- Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues with network security, restoring and backing up initiatives
- Optimize performance by analyzing and fine-tuning LAN, resulting in 35% increased efficiency
- Provide desktop support for over 1,000 clients in locations dispersed over two cities
- Serve as technical team lead for 10 technicians working in Bozeman and satellite locations
July 2014 – February 2016
- Oversaw functionality of all PC/MAC desktops throughout company, provide printer support
- Assisted systems administrators as necessary, acted as lead on help desk, and completed documentation relevant to those services
- Increased data security by suggesting and implementing updated version of SafeData software, decreasing losses and reducing unauthorized access by 27%
- Devised rotation system for support team, simplifying troubleshooting process and reducing response time by several minutes. Written directions for handling help desk calls and complaints are still in use
- Responded to phone, email, and face-to-face requests for technical support
November 2012 – July 2014
Big Box Entertainment
- Troubleshot application and network issues remotely with 100% success rate
- Resolved hardware issues in person and over the phone
- Traveled to customer homes to identify and correct hardware, application, and software issues
- Exceeded standards of productivity and awarded MVP for customer satisfaction three times and quality repair five times
- Mentored three new employees and created work standards for new repair agents
University of Montana
Advanced Desktop Support Technician
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Accounting Clerk Resume? Let’s Check
In addition to listing isolated skills, the resume includes examples of those skills in action. The Summary and the entries in the work experience section provide helpful specifics and plenty of measurable outcomes, such as “increased data security by suggesting and implementing updated version of SafeData software, decreasing losses and reducing unauthorized access by 27%” and “devised rotation system for support team, simplifying troubleshooting process and reducing response time by several minutes. Written directions for handling help desk calls and complaints are still in use.” Employers won’t have to dig into the document to find this information. Everything appears in an easy-to-read bulleted format.
Absolutely! The applicant behind the desktop support resume sample uses it as a marketing document, rather than a cumulative list of skills and experiences. Additions to the document, such as “optimize performance by analyzing and fine-tuning LAN, resulting in 35% increased efficiency” and “exceeded standards of productivity and awarded MVP for customer satisfaction three times and quality repair five times,” show rather than tell that this applicant is a great catch.
Employers are glad to find applicants who have learned and improved from each position. The desktop support resume sample shows this progression from “resolved hardware issues” to “oversaw functionality of all PC/MAC desktops throughout company,” and finally, “provide desktop support for over 1,000 clients.” The applicant also progressed from “mentoring” fellow employees to a position as lead technician over a team of 10.
Throughout the resume sample, there are plenty of examples of those qualities necessary for outstanding IT support technicians. These examples include “thorough grasp of TCP/IP configuration,” “troubleshot application and network issues remotely with 100% success rate,” and “increased data security … reducing unauthorized access by 27%.”
Yes. Current certifications may be even more important than college degrees and these are clearly listed in the education section of the desktop support resume sample, including the Advanced Desktop Support Technician certification. The section also lists a pertinent bachelor’s degree.