Before you begin writing your own resume, take a look at our desktop support engineer resume sample. We’ve included writing tips pertinent to desktop support positions and provided insights into those experiences to include and any information to leave out of your resume. You’ll learn how to create an attractive and professional resume with a concise format, packed with your best credentials. Turn to our resume sample and tips to create and refine your document into a resume that attracts the right attention.
Desktop Support Engineer Resume Sample
PC-proficient desktop support engineer with expert analytical and communication skills, supported by over seven years’ experience. Expert at basic network troubleshooting routine network operations, including installation, setup, and backup of software, systems, printers, and hardware. Focused on customer satisfaction and building ongoing professional relations.
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent knowledge of Mac and PC systems and hardware
- Extensive experience in diagnosis and troubleshooting of most desktop and back office issues
- Superior customer communication and relation skills
- Outstanding data securing, record tracking, and documentation skills
- Skilled at installing, configuring, and updating desktop with advances in technology
- Mastery of IT industry technical abilities and knowledge
January 2015 – Present
Innovative IT Solutions
Sonoma County, CA
- Direct the implementation and assessment of Intel’s LANDesk Management Suite, resolving technical issues and handling data network
- Install, assess, and test desktop software applications
- Resolve daily technical issues, communicating with average of 11 clients per day
- Supervise team of five desktop support engineers and create training guides for new hires
- Establish work stations, assess for connectivity and proper function
- Develop training publications, increasing new employee accuracy within the first two months by 65%
April 2012 – January 2015
- Diagnosed and resolved PC desktop and laptop software and hardware issues for 34 staff computers
- Maintained list of common issues and frequently asked questions, updating list and distributing it throughout company offices, decreasing calls to desktop support by 16%
- Provided specific support for users with many levels of computer-expertise, simplifying procedures, breaking processes into easily-understood instructions, and resolving user interface difficulties
- Developed training course for groups and individual employees, reducing occurrences of common mistakes and improving employee satisfaction with software systems
- Earned office monthly MVP award seven times for friendly and accurate services
October 2009 – April 2012
Tech Services & Solutions
- Installed computer networks, connections, and cabling for over 150 clients
- Troubleshot system failures, identifying bottlenecks and improving long term network efficiency
- Configured and tested software, maintained hardware and peripheral devices
- Evaluated network performance and identified methods of improvement, increasing efficiency by 13%
- Scheduled upgrades and maintenance without interfering in others’ work
- Offered technical direction to co-workers, collaborating on creation of comprehensive instruction manual
Napa Technical College
CompTIA A+ Certification
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Accounting Clerk Resume? Let’s Check
Yes, it does. The sample resume lists a bachelor’s degree and relevant certifications. It also lists specific areas of experience, such as “direct implementation and assessment of Intel’s LANDesk Management Suite” and “developed training course for groups and individual employees.” These additions make it easy for hiring professionals to recognize the combination of education and expertise.
Absolutely. There are many abilities listed throughout the desktop support engineer resume sample that demonstrate the value of the applicant. The skills section includes essential IT support skills, such as knowledge of Mac and PC systems and hardware and mastery of IT industry technical abilities. The writer of this resume used carefully chosen action verbs to begin each bullet in the work experience section, including resolve, develop, configure, and troubleshoot. Soft skills are also showcased, as in this example: Earned office monthly MVP award seven times for friendly and accurate services.
Check out additions to the work experience section such as “communicating with average of 11 clients per day” and “decreasing calls to desktop support by 16%.” There are references to the capacity for work the applicant holds, such as “installed computer networks, connections, and cabling for over 150 clients” and the success of the applicant’s efforts with this example: Develop training publications, increasing new employee accuracy within the first two months by 65%.
Throughout the desktop support engineer resume sample, a bulleted format, complete with short statements and plenty of open space, appears to great effect. The resume begins with a summary statement, written to grab the attention of hiring personnel and make a quick sales pitch regarding the best qualities of the applicant. Each listing in the work experience section displays no more than six important duties or achievements.
Rather than generating a list of qualities such as leader, organized, and up-beat, the desktop support engineer resume sample includes examples such as “offered technical direction to co-workers,” “maintained list of common issues and frequently asked questions, updating list and distributing it throughout company offices,” and “earned office monthly MVP award seven times for friendly and accurate services.”