Drawing upon advice from experts, our resume sample contains today’s preferred formatting and sections. Use the sample as a guide for the creation of your personal selling document and follow the writing tips specifically geared toward developers. With these guides, you may find a smoother path to a winning resume. If you’re ready to get started, go now to the resume sample and developer writing tips.
Developer Resume Sample
Creative developer with proven history of more than 13 years of experience. Analytical, technical, problem-solving, and inventive skills used in creation of apps, high-speed websites, and other platforms. Dynamic leader of 12-member software development team.
Skills and Qualifications
- Fluent in technical languages: ask, C++, HTML, Java, UNIX shell, and XML
- Skilled in Design Patterns, Extreme Programming, OOP/D, and UML methodologies
- Experienced in variety of databases, including Oracle and HTTP, and networking formats, including UDP and TCP/IP
- Communications, presentation, and leadership skills
- In-depth understanding of business and management principles
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, completing them in timely manner
Arbon Valley, Idaho
- Design and implement Web HR forms, including development of coordinating apps, improving hiring efficiency by 10% and employee discharge procedural efficiency by 26%
- Reduce support costs by 19% by improving access to information, writing training procedures (still in use today), and designing intranet applications
- Create websites using up-to-date authentication methods, increasing security, and maintaining smooth operation of sites
- Perform troubleshooting duties, support over 250 internal users, and provide end-user training courses every six months
Innovative Technology, LLC
Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Progressed through several promotions, culminating in lead on 1.5M software project and nine-person team
- Oversaw cradle-to-grave research, design, and development of three major software projects, including ongoing testing of enterprise applications
- Developed web-based customer data-entry applications and software to automate customer data collection
- Wrote software systems for more efficiently handling electronic funds, decreasing time spent on transfers by 30 seconds per transfer
- Increased level of service and improved product stability, reducing budget from 1M by 2.5K
Rexburg IT Corp.
- Designed security administration programs, allowing for multiple access levels, improving speed of database transactions, and reducing safety lapses by 9%
- Collaborated on development of three-tier intranet product, facilitating searches for specific information through multiple platforms
- Worked with team to automate workflow resolution, routing information to chosen queues, providing flexibility for exceptions
- Wrote imaging systems to handle customer service, improving cost-efficiency by 15%
- Held record for lowest monthly error rate at 0.02%
Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
CMST, CST – current
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Accounting Clerk Resume? Let’s Check
Definitely. Each addition to the sections of this resume was carefully chosen to portray the applicant’s best qualities. There are very few unnecessary words, and the remaining words have positive impact. The format of the document allows hiring personnel to quickly find the information they want, following specific headings.
Yes, busy administrators will appreciate the ease of identifying contact information at the head of the developer resume sample with a list of skills close behind. The summary statement gathers some of the most impressive qualifications and achievements and presents them boldly within the first few lines of the page.
Absolutely. Throughout the developer resume sample, the writer used specifics for percentages, financial improvements, and definition of responsibilities. Consider the impact of “improving hiring efficiency by 10% and employee discharge procedural efficiency by 26%” and the positive value of “increased level of service and improved product stability, reducing budget from 1M by 2.5K.” The use of measurable results gives hiring managers a picture of the added value the jobseeker might bring.
Take a look at the education section where several certifications appear in addition to the applicant’s college degree. This information is concise and meaningful. Hiring managers can easily identify a degree that is ideal for the job opening.