A strong resume is the only way you can really hope to land an interview. If hiring managers are going to take time out of the day to meet with someone, then they want to be reasonably certain this individual would make a good fit at the company. We provide you with a resume sample and some extra writing tips to guide you as you work on an amazing application.
Software Developer Resume Sample
Skills and Qualifications
- Expertise with web platform and program testing software
- Knowledge of computer servers and mainframe computers
- Experience with computer programming
- Deductive and inductive reasoning skills
- Ability to communicate with both subordinates and supervisors
- Prowess with statistics and calculus
- Possess exceptional creativity
2012 – Present
- Develop over a dozen smartphone and tablet applications that went on to see over 500,000 downloads
- Modify existing apps to make them adapt to new devices and correct any errors that hamper performance
- Collaborate with programmers, engineers, and systems analysts to design new systems and determine what limitations we need to work through
- Store data on various systems capabilities and retrieve it when modifications became essential
- Supervise the work done by technicians, technologists, and programmers to ensure materials are ready for publishing
- Read customer reviews to see what upgrades would be advantageous to include
- Create various models to present to programmers and other professionals to show how the team should develop a piece of software
- Teach others how to utilize computer hardware and equipment
2008 – 2012
- Conducted focus groups with people to see what types of software and apps they would most like to see the company make
- Coordinated final system installations to ensure apps worked perfectly before releasing to the public
- Analyzed information retrieved after the first few days of an app’s launch to see what immediate upgrades are essential
- Designed a new type of word processing software downloaded over 250,000 times the first year of launch and currently holds a 4.8 rating in the app store
- Provided technical support and responded to customers’ complaints in a timely fashion
San Francisco State University
Graduated magna cum laude
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Software Developer Resume? Let’s Check
Yes. You should include a minimum of six skills in that section, and you want to make sure each one is relevant to the career you want. For a software developer, you would want to focus on program testing and mathematical prowess. Many jobseekers try to include something out of the ordinary, such as playing a musical instrument, but that ultimately is not helpful to whether you can do the duties of this job.
You want to avoid filling your resume with a lot of technical jargon; assume the person reading your resume does not understand all the nuances of the career. Anyone should be able to read your application and understand what you bring to the table. This software developer resume sample includes information relevant to the field, such as what software she is familiar with. However, the job descriptions use simple, plain language.
Yes. The jobseeker includes how many downloads certain apps have attained. Numbers, facts, and figures are excellent tools in a resume because they make it more memorable for someone reading it for the first time. Remember to fill your document with metrics. Even including metrics in just a few bullet points is extremely helpful.
You want to show growth in your career. For the software developer resume sample, the jobseeker mentions in her most recent position she teaches and supervises others. These details show the person has gained more important responsibilities throughout her career. You want to do something similar with your own resume so a hiring manager knows you have not been doing the same thing for years now.
Yes, it does. The education section for this sample is straightforward and simply mentions she possesses a bachelor’s degree in computer science. It also goes a step further and states she graduated magna cum laude. If you graduated a while ago, then there is no need to include a specific GPA. However, you should feel free to list any academic honors you earned.