You can learn how to craft each section of your resume by reading our detailed writing tips. With a little hard work, your resume can catch the eye of a recruiter rather than getting lost in the sea of applications. Let our comprehensive guide serve as a valuable tool for polishing your language to make it concise and professional. Better yet, we have specifically tailored our sample for the customer service industry, so you can be sure everything included is appropriate for the position you desire.
Call Center Agent Resume Sample
Customer-oriented call center agent with three years’ experience. Excellent communicator, with an ability to efficiently and professionally handle inquiries. Team player with an outstanding track record of motivating co-workers and achieving high quality assurance scores.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Outstanding customer service abilities
- Strong problem-solving
- Multi-line phone skills
- Computer literate
- Excellent multitasking abilities
Five Star American Bank
- Answer an average of 200 inbound calls per day regarding home, auto, and business loans
- Provide accurate responses to callers while following all rules and procedures
- Recommend bank services based on customer needs, transferring callers to other departments as necessary
- Document loan payment information in company system
- Send emails and call appropriate departments to fulfill requests
- Maintain a high quality score for all calls, ranking as one of the department’s top professionals
- Attend team meetings to learn about procedure changes and how to improve the customer experience
- Scheduled medical appointments for several different ambulatory clinics, prioritizing appointments based on patient needs
- Answered calls to reschedule appointments, acquire insurance information, and respond to concerns, following proper rules and procedure
- Transferred calls to appropriate departments as necessary
- Escalated priority issues to proper nursing staff
- Strove to improve efficiency by following best customer service practices and recommending suggestions to supervisor
- Read and answered emails, taking care to follow HIPPA procedures regarding patient privacy
Luxury Suites Marketing
- Performed around 100 outbound calls daily to inform business professionals about the benefits of staying in a highly rated hotel while traveling
- Offered discount deals and information pamphlets to interested callers
- Acquired an average of five new clients a week, winning a company award for “Best Customer Service Representative”
- Called hotel representatives around the country to schedule reservations
- Tracked clients in company monitoring program, entering information accurately to avoid mistakes or conflicts
- Conducted follow-up calls to inquire how clients enjoyed their stay at a hotel
Graduated May 2014
Evergreen Community College
Certificate in Professional Communication and Marketing
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Call Center Agent Resume? Let’s Check
Right from the start, you can see the emphasis on communications skills. Notice in the summary the very first words are “customer-oriented call center agent”, immediately giving readers the right impression from the start. Communication skills receive further focus in the skills section and the work experience section. For all the positions listed, the resume notes how the jobseeker consistently handled customer inquiries with success.
Yes! Our call center agent resume sample goes far beyond listing the most obvious aspect of the job. Notice that there are plenty of industry-specific tasks peppered throughout each of the three positions. Documenting tasks in several different computer programs, using problem-solving abilities to determine which issues to escalate, and attending team meetings are all common tasks that you should be familiar with if entering this industry.
While many writers often struggle with adding personal accomplishments into their resume, you can see that this is an easier task than you might imagine. Including achievements such as the number of calls you handled, the awards you won, or the special tasks assigned to you because of your abilities is crucial for an impressive resume. This is seamlessly integrated in the PDF sample. Notice that there is at least one accomplishment included for each position – the candidate ranks as one of the department’s top professionals, went above and beyond by offering suggestions to a supervisor and received a “Best Customer Service Representative” award.
Absolutely! You should never turn in a resume that isn’t easy to read. Notice how the sample frequently uses bullet points. This keeps your language precise and prevents you from bogging down the document with irrelevant details. In the summary section, the jobseeker eschews complete sentences in favor of a more effective format. Furthermore, all the bullet points in the work experience section begin with a strong action verb. Hiring managers reading clearly don’t have to wonder what the jobseeker was doing prior to applying — the resume presents all the information they need in a professional yet understandable layout.
There are many subtle ways this sample “shows” rather than “tells” that the candidate loves his job. The mention of winning performance awards in the work experience section lets the reader know that the applicant doesn’t procrastinate.