One helpful tactic for improving the positive impact of your resume is to study an example, such as our call center customer service representative resume sample, that already incorporates the most effective writing habits and modern resume formats. You might use the example as a standard against which you can compare your own. You’ll find examples of ways to share your hard and soft skills in a more meaningful format than a simple list. You may learn new tips for boosting the impact of your education section. After reviewing the resume sample, turn to our industry-specific writing tips for more guidance.
Call Center Customer Service Representative Resume Sample
Friendly and enthusiastic individual with history of meeting and exceeding productivity goals. Excellent ability to troubleshoot issues, resolving customer concerns with high rate of satisfaction. Strategic partnership-building skills, using attentive listening, problem-solving, and tact to achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Telecommunications experience
- Conflict resolution proficiency
- Excellent typing and data entry
- Critical thinker and problem-solver
- Focus on friendly, effective service and support
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Fluent in Spanish and Portuguese
Erin Lake Utility Company, Medina, NY
- Handle customer inquiries and complaints regarding billing, payment, and service, answering average of 100 calls per day
- Resolve issues for angry customers, locate resources and coordinate solutions, and rebuild relationships of trust. Hold position for positively handling most challenging calls
- Serve as the lead mentor for new reps, mentoring 34 new reps in six months
- Help company attain new high in customer service ratings, earning 90-100% ratings from external auditors in categories such as communication and listening skills, problem resolution, and politeness
- Hold commendation for enthusiastic customer focus and positive persuasiveness
- Participate in voluntary client relations training, assisting in presentation of ways to enhance customer satisfaction
Exceptional Pet Care Products, Inc., Middleport, NY
- Worked with a team of 20 representatives, answering customer calls regarding products, pricing, shipping, questions, and complaints
- Directed calls to appropriate departments in phone queues to increase efficiency
- Provided accurate information to customer requests and studied product descriptions to ensure accuracy
- Achieved highest level of productivity 37 out of 45 weeks of employment
- Received 89% perfect customer feedback ratings and less than 1% poor customer feedback
- Volunteered after-hours to assist in implementation of new phone system
Lengua Language Learning Center, Buffalo, NY
• Collaborate with teacher in preparing materials for English instruction
• Spoke with students, parents, and support professionals
• Translated for English, Spanish, and Portuguese speakers
• Assist in maintaining safe, appropriate classroom learning environment
• Participate in out-of-classroom activities as needed
• Complete attendance records for over 100 participants
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Call Center Customer Service Representative Resume? Let’s Check
Absolutely. Happily, there are several meaningful entries in this resume sample that show, rather than tell, how the candidate works with frustrated customers. For example, the summary and skills sections include words describing attributes of an outward oriented individual, such as “attentive listening” and “friendly, effective service.” The candidate’s voluntary participation in training courses, receipt of commendations, and work as a volunteer point to the personable skills.
Call center representatives are often required to work evenings, weekends, and holidays. The candidate’s participation in training sessions, after-hours assignments, and volunteer work show a willingness to work for the benefit of the company. With almost two years of experience handling customer service calls, the candidate provides proof to employers that he is dependable and will show up on time whenever he appears on the schedule.
Definitely! Each addition to the work history section of the call center customer service representative resume sample includes measurable facts that speak to the candidate’s achievements. From describing the candidate’s ability to work productively (average of 100 calls per day) to acknowledging commendations (commendation for enthusiastic customer focus), the candidate shares several achievements to impress potential employers, such as “hold position for positively handling most challenging calls.”
Yes, it does. The skills section includes a combination of technical experience and the soft skills necessary to work with people. Throughout the work history section, a number of skills appear, such as “locate resources,” “rebuild relationships of trust,” and “assist in implementation of new phone system.” By including the volunteer experience, the writer also took the chance to bring attention to the candidate’s multi-lingual skills and leadership abilities.
Although appropriately short, the education section of the call center customer service representative resume sample does show the candidate’s desire to learn and perform. The candidate’s completed schooling is pertinent to customer service and the ongoing training sessions are specific to areas within customer service.