From visual layout to writing style to the lengths of various sections, there’s a lot to put into a quality resume. The customer service representative resume sample presented here gives you that opportunity for clear comparison, along with a healthy set of tips analyzing what makes this document work so well. Check it out as you write to help you shape your own application materials. That way, you know the resume you send out will be as competitive as possible.
Customer Service Representative Resume Sample
Chicago, IL 11111 • [email protected] • 555-555-5500
Veteran customer service representative with supervisory experience. Theatrically trained phone and speaking skills. Delivered a 10% increase in customer satisfaction survey results over the department average at a previous employer.
- Well-trained customer service skills
- Strong active listening
- Spoken communication skills, including the ability to relay instructions
- Proficient with call center software and hardware
- Experience with face-to-face customer negotiations
- Proficient with point-of-sale software and hardware
- Experience building and demolishing product displays
- Visual inspection and sorting
Belend Practica, Chicago, IL
- Assist call-in customers with billing questions for a variety of client companies
- Modify account agreements and authorized changes to services in accordance with customer requests and client policies
- Maintain consistent corporate messaging for each client’s customers
- Deliver daily reports of call activity and summaries of account modifications
- Cross-train with other customer service representatives for quality assurance purposes
Falcon Communication Services, Aurora, IL
- Assisted customers with advanced queries about benefits and services
- Modified customer accounts as needed to meet requests for new services
- Presented a professional and personable appearance at all times
- Reviewed written and electronic materials related to customer queries
- Referred customer questions to the appropriate senior customer service staff as necessary
Old Navy, Chicago, IL
- Processed customer purchases through point-of-sale software
- Assisted customers with questions regarding store pick-up and online ordering options
- Shelved and organized merchandise as needed to ensure the professional presentation of all store stock
- Inventoried store stock quarterly to ensure proper reporting of sales and shrinkage
- Answered store phones professionally and referred customer questions to the relevant managers as needed
The Gap, Chicago, IL
- Assisted customers with returns and merchandise purchases
- Answered queries about in-store credit opportunities, sales, and online purchases
- Prepared the store for opening and closing each working day
- Built store displays as necessary
- Shelved merchandise as needed to keep congestion from the changing area storage
Aurora Community College, Aurora, IL
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Customer Service Representative Resume? Let’s Check
Yes, absolutely. In fact, the skills get demonstrated by the candidate in multiple ways and contexts, showing that this person is very experienced in this particular line of work. This versatility in the application of relevant skills is crucial for any applicant in any field.
That’s really one of the best parts about this customer service representative resume sample. This field is a large one, and with any position you can expect competition from many applicants who have a broad range of experience. The unique set of experiences that this particular candidate has acquired make her well-rounded for practically any customer service role, and that lets employers know she will be ready for just about any challenge they have.
In this case, that’s an absolute yes. While the use of the customer service representative title in retail has been loose for a long time, the important thing to remember is that the vital skills needed by other customer service positions are vital in those entry level jobs.
This is definitely the case. Customer service representatives need a unique skillset that revolves around interpersonal communications, and this sample clearly shows how those different skills interact while also ensuring that none of them get left out of the resume. This jobseeker’s particular skillset demonstrates different kinds of communication proficiency as well as listening skills, which help to emphasize her ability to negotiate successfully with customers in one of the ways that’s most visible in documents like this.
Yes. While there are rarely strong educational requirements for customer service positions, it is important to note that the candidate does have some extra education in a related field and it gets showcased. You can leave absolutely irrelevant credentials out of this section, but anything related to the development of the skills needed to do the job in question should find its way into the final list.