The resume sample follows a clear and easy-to-read format that you can use for your own resume. Spend time recreating and crafting your own professional summary, skills, and work experience sections. If you still need assistance while you generate your own document, then use the included writing tips that are specifically customized for the tech support industry. The hard work will pay off when a hiring manager calls you for an interview.
Tech Support Resume Sample
Friendly and solutions-oriented tech support professional who can handle heavy call and communication loads. Solid ability to simplify complex software concepts to both beginner and expert end users. Experience with writing knowledge-base content.
- Experience with industry-leading tech support platforms
- Execution of MySQL queries to review data issues
- Excellent customer service skills in chat, teleconferencing, phone, and email
- Displaying empathy and care with customers in distress
- Understanding QA processes and documentation to check common customer errors and bugs
- Ability to write technical documentation for end users and developers
Soak Technology, Charlotte, NC
- Close 30-50 tickets a week that address customer questions about the software
- Review and test Tier 1 ticket escalations before Tier 2 manages the ticket
- Planned the knowledge-base component of the new ticketing software rollout that resulted in 20% reduction of support calls
- Send monthly reports to the tech support team lead about key customer feedback
- Run MySQL queries to double-check the functionality of dynamic data sets with software upgrades
- Received a 99% satisfaction rate from customers in quarter one of 2017
- Update knowledge-base articles as the software changes
Open Heart Solutions, Wilmington, NC
- Communicated with an average of 50 customers a day via chat, web conference, and phone
- Closed 10 to 15 tickets per day
- Provided software training two times a week to end users about the product’s best practices; answered follow-up questions
- Documented bugs in a proprietary system with strict adherence to the organization’s style guide
- Decreased ticket close time by 20% by implementing new macros in the tech support system
- Contributed new videos, user guides, and how-to articles to the knowledge-base
- Trained new tech support employees and contributed to the training manual
Westface, LLC, Carrollton, GA
- Answered 20 to 30 calls per day from customers in the USA and Canada
- Wrote 20 articles for the knowledge-base that yielded favorable reviews from 90% of end users
- Escalated complaints to Tier 2 support with clear documentation for developers
- Documented bugs in Bugzilla and reported them to the team lead
- Responded to initial customer inquiries about challenges within the software
North Carolina State University, North Carolina
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Tech Support Resume? Let’s Check
This resume does an excellent job of blending both hard technical skills and soft skills. Technical support professionals have to answer multiple questions a day in various communication formats in a positive and forward-thinking manner. Another important skill is working with other professionals to solve end users’ complaints and document any errors. In addition, it is also important to pick up new technical skills quickly as the software adapts to new market demands, and this resume shows an ability to adapt to systems at new positions.
Showing empathy to end users is one of the most important skills for tech support specialists. This sample uses metrics to show successes accomplished through good communication skills. For example, the most recent position shows the candidate had a very high satisfaction rating from customers during a quarter. Another way this candidate shows empathy is by implementing a new system that helps customers resolve their issues in an increasingly efficient manner.
What this resume does is show a mix of skills and forward progression in the technology field. Organizations want to hire candidates who not only complete the tasks in the job description, but also add value to the overall business goals. Also, the candidate contributes technical documentation and writing to end users and developers. The data in the bullet points show how this candidate’s ability to simplify complex concepts in writing helps reduce call volume.
Yes. What this tech support resume sample does is show the candidate’s career progression from answering basic customer questions to handling more complicated database queries. In addition, the jobseeker now trains new support professionals to use the software and ticketing system. Departments usually ask people to provide training if they master the skills of the position and fit in well with the existing team.
Yes. The professional summary at the top of the resume quickly connects the employer to the solutions the candidate can contribute. The skills and qualifications outline the technology platforms and soft skills necessary for the position. Then, the work experience and education sections show the training and hands-on exposure the candidate received during her career.