If you need a blueprint for how those sections should look, then look no further than our production engineer resume sample. This example provides you with a model of how the components of a resume fit together to create a winning document, applying the tips and tricks demonstrated in both the sample resume and our list of guidelines. Once you’ve reviewed the sample, try applying the principles yourself by following our methods to rewrite your resume. With our guidance and a new resume, you can catch employers’ attention and deliver a document that attracts interview calls.
Production Engineer Resume Sample
Performance-oriented production engineer with more than 10 years of experience optimizing manufacturing operations and production line efficiency for the children’s toy industry. Adept at evaluating product fabrication requirements and designing production flows targeted to produce the highest volume at the lowest cost, shortest time, and optimal quality levels. Consistently entrusted with addressing poorly performing production areas through extensive root cause analysis, process engineering, and application of lean principles.
- Production engineering
- Production line analysis
- Workflow and process development
- Engineering team coordination
- Root cause analysis
- Failure mode analysis
- Materials analysis
- Quality control
- ISO: 9001 Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Lean manufacturing and production
- Kaizen events
- Six Sigma
- Performance turnaround
- Cost control
- Staff training and development
Funfare Manufacturing, St. Louis, MO
- Partner with product development teams to design optimal production processes for each new suite of Funfare toys
- Establish the necessary protocols and standards to achieve rapid, efficient startup of new production lines
- Monitor production line output against key performance indicators to determine effectiveness
- Make necessary process, equipment, and materials adjustments to improve KPI outcomes
- Coach, train, and mentor production line personnel on best practices and standards
- Cut six days from full-cycle production time and delivered $1.4 million in annual savings by redesigning the production line to use lean cell principles
- Reduced faulty parts per million from over 1,200 to less than 100
- Prevented potential liability issues by identifying a small parts choking hazard and retooling a toy design to remove the dangerous component
We-B-Toys Manufacturing Inc., St. Louis, MO
- Hired into a long-term contract role focused on reversing persistent problems with toy product quality, consistency, and cost of production
- Conducted extensive failure mode analyses of both product design engineering and production line setup
- Identified gap areas, faulty processes, substandard equipment, and poor product design
- Collaborated across cross-functional teams to retool all products and materials, fully redesign the production shop floor, and implement a new series of overhauled processes
- Re-trained over 300 production floor personnel via a series of Kaizen and Six Sigma events
- Generated a 197% boost in production line efficiency
- Saved more than $30 million in quality-related losses, returns, and waste through more efficient processes
University of Missouri, St. Louis, Missouri
ISO:9001 Certification (2005)
International Organization for Standardization
Six Sigma Black Belt (2004)
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Production Engineer Resume? Let’s Check
You can’t work 10 minutes in a production environment without knowing the importance of lean, Kaizen, and Six Sigma standards to building an efficient, healthy production operation. That’s why it’s important to include those terms in your resume; these efficiency-enhancing methodologies have become the backbone of fast, cost-effective, high-quality production in a sector that’s all about vying against the competition to offer a better, cheaper product. Even better, our sample candidate integrated her knowledge in practice by showing how she applied it at both employers to improve their production lines. Another good one, if you have the knowledge, is Total Quality Management, or TQM.
She did. Because different industries and even product categories have such vastly different production requirements, it’s important to specify the types of industries and products you’ve worked in. Someone who works in production of packaged foods will have an entirely varied skillset only linked by some common base skills like someone who, like our production engineer resume sample, has worked in production for the children’s toy industry. Be sure to include those specifics in both your summary and the descriptions of the individual jobs.
ISO certification is a major milestone for companies involved in manufacturing and production, and to become an ISO-certified company, you need ISO-certified personnel capable of implementing and maintaining ISO Quality Management Systems, or QMS. In our sample resume, the jobseeker not only lists ISO:9001 in her skills but also in her education to show that she has the proper certification in one of the most valuable skillsets on the production engineering job market.
Every production facility is looking to do more, faster, for less money. If you can show that you’ve accomplished this in the past, that gives you a leg up over other candidates. In our production engineer resume sample, the example jobseeker has shown quantifiable results such as $1.4 million in annual savings, a major faulty PPM drop from 1,200 to 100, a 197% boost in production line efficiency, and a six-day drop in production cycles. When employers see the outcome of your production engineering capacities, it proves to them that you bring value to the companies you work for.