Everyone has unique experiences and qualifications; the trick is to frame them in a compelling way for hiring managers. Often, recruiters have to sort through dozens of applications. Once you master the art of resume writing, you’ll know exactly what to include to catch their eye. Learning tried and true writing methods can elevate your language to sound more professional and help you come across as a more capable and confident candidate.
Fast Food Crew Member Resume Sample
Enthusiastic food service professional with five years’ industry experience. Excellent at working well under pressure in a busy environment. Outstanding listening and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to follow directions while providing top-notch customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent collaboration and team building abilities
- Outstanding multi-tasking abilities
- Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
- Basic mathematical skills
- Food safety certified
- Great attention to detail
- Great time management skills
June 2015 – Present
- Interact with a large number of customers daily, processing their ticket or food purchases through a POS system
- Give correct change, complete refunds accurately, and balance the cash drawer at the end of every shift
- Provide excellent customer service, answering questions about movie times, food offerings, and new releases
- Work with other crew members, contributing to team spirit and providing constructive feedback on performance
- Complete light cleaning duties such as sweeping, wiping down counters, taking out the trash, cleaning windows, and keeping the food service area orderly
- Carry out special tasks as requested by the manager, such as switching movie reels in between show times or offering customer special deals as they go through the service line
- Maintain a friendly demeanor at all times, in accordance to best customer service practices
August 2012 – May 2015
- Organized products in 15 different aisles, making sure nothing was in the wrong place
- Unloaded and sorted deliveries weighing up to 50 pounds, using a cart for assistance
- Gathered shopping carts in the parking lot and transported them inside the store for customers, sometimes during inclement weather
- When needed, worked as a cashier to efficiently process purchases while maintaining a friendly demeanor
- Answered customer questions about the specific tools needed for certain projects; placed an outside order if the store didn’t have what they needed
- Retrieved special orders from the storage room
- Won “Best Customer Service Representative” award in 2013 and 2014
Member of National Esteemed Customer Service Professionals Association
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Fast Food Crew Member Resume? Let’s Check
Absolutely! Verbal communication and efficiency are some of the most important abilities needed for this industry. As you can see, these are both stressed in the skills section: the candidate has “excellent verbal and written communication” as well as “great time management skills.” While one of the positions in the work experience section is not in the food industry per se, these vital skills are nonetheless pointed out, showing the hiring manager that a transition to the food service industry is certainly possible. Unloading, organizing, and gathering products is similar to the tasks carried out while serving popcorn, drinks, and chips. It is acceptable to demonstrate that your abilities are transferrable for this entry level job.
This fast food crew member resume sample demonstrates in subtle ways the abilities laid out in the skills section. Rather than being repetitive and mentioning “multi-tasking” again, for example, it states under the movie theater position that the candidate interacts with a large number of customers, implying that quick thinking and moving quickly to handle the crowds is necessary.
While a crew member position is often entry level, stating your achievements is a great way to catch the eye of the recruiter. If you ever received a performance award, you should mention it. Ideally, each position on your resume should have at least one accomplishment. It is also useful to note membership in any clubs or associations; you can even look into joining one before turning in your application to make a better impression.
One of the main things hiring managers look for is a friendly demeanor and a natural love for people when choosing candidates. After all, you must do routine cleaning with a smile on your face. Notice in the sample that the summary states the candidate is able to follow directions while providing great service. This suggests that she won’t have a problem completing the tasks required of her, no matter how hectic it may get.
Yes. This fast food crew member resume sample uses language that is both professional and simple to scan in order to pinpoint the most important details. Each bullet point in the work experience section begins with a strong action verb. The three concise sentences that comprise the summary section clearly sell the candidate’s strengths.