When you’re ready to begin working on your own document, begin by reviewing our direct support professional resume sample. You’ll find ideas about what to include in each section, how to format for easy scan-ability, and how to make your resume stand apart from your competitors’ documents. Use our expert-selected writing skills and sample resume to showcase your best qualities and boost your chances.
Direct Support Professional Resume Sample
Compassionate direct support professional with eight years’ experience supporting private patients in hospital settings. Certified in first aid, CPR, and assistant nursing. Proficient in assisting patients with personal hygiene, self-help activities, meal planning, and physical therapy.
- Meal planning and nutrition
- Patient care and overall health evaluation
- Familiarity with lifting equipment
- Willing to run errands and transport clients
- Superior communication with patients, families, and supervisors
- Talented grooming and personal hygiene for patients
Allouez Episcopal Homecare Support, Allouez, Wisconsin
- Provide ongoing direct support to five patients, including assistance with daily grooming, personal hygiene, and toileting
- Work with patients to develop a healthy menu, choosing meals and snacks that conform to dietary guidelines and restrictions
- Assist patients in maintaining independence within safe boundaries, transporting patients to health care appointments and running errands
- Administer medications in accordance with doctors’ orders
- Take and record patient vitals at least once a day
- Build a relationship of trust with patient who had gone through seven other direct support professionals
De Pere Care Village, Ashwaubenon, Wisconsin
- Planned daily activities for 50 residents, including music, art, movement, entertainment, and religion
- Offered direct weekly support for up to 20 residents with household chores and minor landscaping around apartment entrances
- Completed and filed paperwork including patient evaluations, medication regimens, and personal mail as directed by residents
- Notified appropriate medical personnel of concerns and additional needs of residents
- Received recognition for fostering independence and positive outlook with more than 20 residents
- Assisted in rehabilitation of resident with significant range of motion loss, attending over 100 hours’ physical therapy, offering encouragement, and tracking progress
Midwest Health Systems, Lambeau Field, Wisconsin
- Assisted patients with daily hygiene, including toileting, bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Provided support and transportation for responsibilities such as bill paying and grocery shopping
- Completed minor housekeeping duties, including dusting, vacuuming, and mopping
- Planned nutritious meals and prepared meals according to dietary guidelines
- Discussed medications and provided reminders, observing patient for negative side effects
- Developed simple reminder system and chart to help patients with memory disorders. Over 500 of these charts are in use.
Current CPR and First Aid Certificates
Associate of Applied Science in Nursing, 2010
Green Bay Medical Institute
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Direct Support Professional Resume? Let’s Check
Throughout this resume sample, specific examples describe crucial qualities. In the personal summary, the resume writer speaks to the jobseeker’s compassion (soft skill), experience (eight years in varied settings), certifications, and abilities. Other sections of the resume also combine references to hard and soft skills, using specifics to create a picture.
The direct support professional resume sample does a very good job presenting information so hiring professionals can skim the document, identifying pertinent facts along the way. A combination of headers and bullets make the resume skim-able, and a lot of impressive information pops up right away in the summary.
Check out the work experience section for several examples. The resume writer lists a few duties the jobseeker completes, including monitoring and administering medications, and also provides a glimpse into the quality of care: “Build a relationship of trust with patient who had gone through seven other direct support professionals.” Another good example of this balance appears in this statement: “Assisted in rehabilitation of resident with significant range of motion loss, attending over 100 hours’ physical therapy, offering encouragement and tracking progress.”
Definitely. Each bullet begins with an action verb that paints a picture of the work the applicant has completed and often follows this up with a specific set of numbers or facts. A couple examples of this are “provide ongoing direct support to five patients” and “attending over 100 hours’ physical therapy.”
The direct support professional resume sample offers concrete numbers that are easy to notice. The significant accomplishment of creating a reminder system used by over 500 patients is one good example of this. Another good example appears in all of the specifics in this statement: “Offered direct weekly support for up to 20 residents with household chores and minor landscaping around apartment entrances.”