Lucky for you, we provide a medical representative resume sample below that you can use as a guide or as inspiration when writing your own. This sample provides you with a clear idea of what yours should look like. We also have included resume writing tips to serve as further help to ensure you craft a resume that stands out from the crowd.
Medical Representative Resume Sample
Professional and attentive medical representative with an understanding of the medical field and a strong knowledge of sales. Committed to outperforming expectations from managers and clients through diligence and hard work. Capable of working independently with minimal supervision and accomplishing set goals on time without delays or wasting time.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and specific areas of practice, including geriatrics and pain management
- Specialization in plastic surgery
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Expert interpersonal and communication skills
- Good at solving problems quickly and efficiently to ensure customer satisfaction
- Superior sales and negotiation skills
- Conduct research and develop sales pitches for medical equipment and supplies sold and reach sales goals each quarter
- Answer incoming calls from existing and new clients
- Provide clients with information on equipment they are considering buying, including talking up the benefits to get the sale
- Maintain client files to keep informed on when clients may need new equipment or supplies
- Make contact with clients to discuss needs and suggest new equipment or products
- Create reports on sales and interactions with clients for management
- Won multiple awards for exceeding sales goals throughout time with company
- Worked under medical representative to learn sales techniques and job duties
- Assisted with plastic surgery client sales
- Made sales calls and answered incoming calls
- Created client computer records
- Sat in on training calls to learn how to work with clients in a professional manner
- Took company courses in building professional relationships and common medical sales tactics
- Earned company certificate in sales and customer service based upon training
Hillside University, Florida
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Medical Representative Resume? Let’s Check
Relevance is important in a resume because hiring managers want to see the proof you are right for the job at hand. Explaining skills that do not relate or work experience entries that have no bearing on your ability to do the job is simply a waste of the hiring manager’s time. This sample resume is a solid example of keeping everything relevant. Each section only contains information that will be helpful to the hiring manager when assessing the applicant for this particular position.
Sales are an important part of a medical representative’s job. In your resume, you must show you have a strong sales background and the ability to sell well. In the medical representative resume sample, the applicant does this by mentioning sales abilities, experience, and skills in each section. She provides some sales accomplishments to solidify the fact she is good at making sales and doing the job duties required.
On the flip side of sales is customer service. You have to have good people skills and the ability to keep customers happy if you ever want to sell anything, which is why customer service skills are essential to this job. In the resume, the applicant makes sure to mention her skills in this area, along with providing plenty of clear examples throughout the work experience section.
Selling something means understanding the product and knowing your customer. With her past experience in medical sales and working in a medical office, she has been able to build a solid background in medical terminology and the needs of a medical office. She should have no trouble connecting with and understanding gatekeepers at the front desk to get through to decision makers, which will help boost her sales potential. In addition, she will better be able to understand the needs of the medical providers due to her extensive history working in the field.
Independence is important in sales because there is usually nobody watching you work. It isn’t until the supervisors gather the sales figures that they can see if you have done a good job. This applicant shows time and again that she can work independently with no issue.