Our pharmaceutical sales resume sample is a good example of a strong and effective resume. It lays out the different sections in an easy-to-read format and includes specific examples of good information you can tailor your own experiences to. We also point out the strong points of the resume sample and give some additional writing tips. Using this as a guide can help you craft a successful document that leads to more interviews.
Pharmaceutical Sales Resume Sample
Tenacious pharmaceutical sales rep with strong ability to market and sell a variety of brands. Strong communicator with a talent for building trusting relationships. Detail-oriented, organized, and motivated to reach goals.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective leadership skills
- Great decision-making and judgment capabilities
- Outstanding time-management and organizational skills
- Self- motivated and results-oriented
- Very confident, with a resilient attitude
- Creative, with ability to think outside the box
March 2015 – present
- Study and analyze the demographics and market in assigned sales territory and develop a local strategy to generate sales; increased sales an average of 20% over the last two years
- Coordinate launches of three new products while continuing promotion of major lines
- Gain knowledge about disease and illness to effectively engage and educate healthcare professionals about pharmaceutical products that can help their patients; discuss product safety and efficacy, clinical evidence, and indications for use
- Use a variety of personnel resources, promotional items, and analytical tools to maximize sales effectiveness
- Organize and lead educational seminars, lunch-and-learns, and doctor dinners to promote products and gain new clients
January 2012 – March 2015
- Called and visited healthcare providers in assigned territory, which consisted of five states, to inform them about benefits and features of pharmaceutical products
- Gained comprehensive knowledge of clinical studies, products, guidelines, and protocols for a variety of brands related to cardiovascular, respiratory, and pediatric issues
- Developed a selling strategy that included ability to analyze usage and market share reports for promotional value while understanding psychiatric disease states, practice settings, and products
- Travelled regularly to build and maintain strong relationships with key customers through medical educational programs and loyalty reward programs
- Worked with regional managers to set sales goals and develop selling skills; increased sales by 5% each quarter
California State University
Classes included business ethics, finance, marketing, and sales
Professional seminars and training in business development, outside sales, clinical studies, and negotiation skills
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Pharmaceutical Sales Resume? Let’s Check
One important aspect of an effective resume is that it is easy to read quickly. The applicant does this by employing the use of bullet points in the skills and work experience sections. The education section also includes the necessary information in a way that readers can quickly absorb. This allows hiring managers to get a good look at the entire document without spending a lot of time.
Education requirements vary from one business to another, and listing all the relevant and applicable information helps show potential employers why the applicant is the right person for the position. This resume sample lists a bachelor’s degree in biology, which is important for someone working in the healthcare industry. The applicant also includes classes that relate to business, which is helpful for this position. Finally, she lists additional training that relates directly to this job. This demonstrates she has the proper training and knowledge and helps her stand out.
Job candidates who are applying for sales positions should possess a certain set of skills in order to be successful. This pharmaceutical sales resume sample makes good use of this section to list qualifications that illuminate her ability in the sales realm. These include communication, leadership, motivation, confidence, and results-oriented.
Yes, it does. Sales is all about the numbers, so using metrics to demonstrate responsibilities and achievements is an effective way to point out how you bring value to the position. In this sample, take notes of examples such as “increased sales by 20%,” “five states,” and “increased sales by 5%.”
The professional summary is sometimes the only part of the resume hiring managers glance over, so it is extremely important to make sure the right information is concisely stated for better readability. This sample demonstrates this perfectly by using three statements to point out relevant skills such as tenacious, marketing, selling, detail-oriented, communicator, and motivated. All of these are crucial aptitudes for a sales position.