A good start to crafting your perfect document is to look to examples such as one shown on this page. Our pharmacy technician resume sample can help you strengthen your writing in all sections of your resume, including your summary statement, skills list, work experience, and education sections. Our extra resume tips can also help you avoid common mistakes and ensure that you don’t miss any essentials in each section. Altogether, our materials and your own enthusiasm for the industry can help you create a resume you can be proud of.
Pharmacy Technician Resume
Seasoned pharmacy technician with 10 years’ experience handling medicine and building trusting relationships with patients. Knowledgeable in a wide range of prescriptions and updated on new advancements in the field, including database and drug compatibility software. Loyal and diligent member of the team, with excellent communication skills.
- Licensed pharmacist
- Expert knowledge of drug names and classifications
- Familiar with MEDITECH software
- Front desk and cash register duties
- Superb customer service skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Fluent in Spanish
Bartell Drugs, Seattle, WA
- Build customer confidence through careful understanding and by providing friendly and helpful service in a 24-hour setting
- Fill and refill prescriptions accurately under the pharmacist’s direct supervision, following the guidelines of federal, state, and local legal requirements
- Package and label prescription
- Organize inventory 2–3 times per shift, reporting to pharmacists any shortages of drugs or other supplies
- Accept payments for prescriptions and put through insurance claims
- Answer customer phone calls
- Direct customer questions to pharmacists regarding medication or other health concerns
Geneva Woods Pharmacy, Seattle, WA
- Assisted pharmacist to prepare and dispense medication
- Processed prescriptions by entering personal and insurance data from customers into the pharmacy system
- Prepared both new and refilled prescriptions for delivery, pick-up, or mail-out
- Pulled drugs from shelves per pharmacist’s instructions, counted pills, and set up orders for the pharmacist to review
- Operated the automated packing machine
- Restocked and checked quality of emergency kits
University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle WA
- Maintained repackaging records
- Loaded drawers for the unit dose medication distribution system
- Packaged medications into single-unit packages
- Pulled outdates from shelves every 10-hour shift
- Prepared pharmaceutical solutions for external use
- Maintained patient confidentiality according to UW Medical Center standards
- Adhere to UWMC Pharmacy Services and UW Medical Center policies and procedures
North Seattle College, Seattle, WA
Graduated cum laude
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
• American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists
• Society of Critical Care Medicine
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Accounting Clerk Resume? Let’s Check
Absolutely! By looking to the summary statement, you can see that the jobseeker has not cut any corners or dismissed important soft skills of the job. The phrases “trusting relationships,” “loyal and diligent,” and “excellent communication skills” all show that she is aware of expectations in the field, as well as enthusiastic and caring.
Yes, she does. As a pharmacy technician, she shows adequate skills that you would expect to see in a pharmacy-related job. Many assume that pharmacy technicians work mainly behind shelves and amid stacks of prescriptions. While this is true, employees in this position also work cash registers, answer phone calls, and review insurance claims. This jobseeker has clearly shown that she is familiar with each of these clerical duties.
Review the work experience section, and you’ll find multiple entries related to working with pharmacy software and patient management systems. This experience is essential in the world of pharmaceutical medicine, and this jobseeker shows she is familiar with the programs required to succeed in a pharmacy technician role.
Definitely. You can see years of practice in her work experience section, including organizing medicine, keeping track of inventory, and assisting customers with various prescription questions and needs. With these listings, this section tells employers that she is fit for a position at any pharmacy.
If you take a step back and look at the pharmacy technician resume sample as a whole, you should immediately see its neat presentation and sophisticated wording. For instance, the writer separates all work titles, company names, locations, dates, and duties in a similar fashion. A bullet point also introduces each task, and each bullet point contains a brief description with no period at the end. Any hiring manager would quickly be able to read through this well-written resume.