The following sample includes all of the major sections: a solid summary statement that sums up your major qualifications, a skills section that is easy to skim, and organized lists of your work experience and educational background. We also address the best writing practices in several questions and answers customized for recruiters. These resources should make it easier for you to compose a resume that shows you are the best candidate for the position you want.
Recruiter Resume Sample
Recruiter with over a decade of experience. Recent work for two large multi-national corporations. Familiar with insurance and sales hiring pipelines and high-volume processing.
- Recruitment strategy
- Writing and posting job descriptions
- Social media outreach
- Screening applicants
- Applicant tracking systems
- Processing new hires
- Corporate reputation management
- Verbal and written communication
Asurion, Nashville, TN
- Recruit sales agents for main office and other offices located worldwide
- Generate more than 60 job ads and reach out to over 200 qualified candidates on professional social networks and job boards
- Supervise hiring processes for sales agents, resulting in a total of 70 hires companywide with a retention rate of 96%
- Achieve highest job offer acceptance rate of all senior recruiters based out of headquarters
- Represent company at more than 50 local and regional job fairs and industry networking events
ServiceSource, Nashville, TN
- Sought and reviewed candidates for several departments, including accounting, information technology, sales, and operations services for placement at offices around the world
- Conducted more than 400 phone pre-screening and 250 online follow-up interviews as part of the hiring process, referring top candidates to regional offices for further screening
- Collaborated with a team of five other recruiters based out of headquarters and more than 30 recruiters at offices worldwide
- Observed various stages of on-site and online interview process
- Wrote more than 40 unique job descriptions tailored to the field and location of available positions
Washington Insurance Group, Nashville, TN
- Worked on a team consisting of three assistant recruiters reporting to two primary recruiters
- Attended career events at area colleges, seeking sales agents, claims adjusters, and other qualified applicants
- Posted more than 20 job advertisements on employment boards and social media, attracting over 500 applicants
- Performed initial screening rounds and forwarded approximately 54% of total applications received to recruiters for further consideration
- Ran queries and updated entries in applicant tracking system
Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resource Management – 2007
Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Recruiter Resume? Let’s Check
Yes, she does. The candidate brings up the extent of her experience as well as her recent work for two large multi-national corporations. She draws attention to her areas of expertise and ability to handle a high volume of applications. An employer reviewing this recruiter resume sample would see that this candidate can readily perform all of the duties required for a position on a comparable level.
Yes, it is. The candidate breaks her skills down into a list using bullet points. She starts with the most fundamental qualifications for a recruiter position, including her ability to adhere to a recruitment strategy through suitable job descriptions, social media outreach, screening, and interviewing. She also mentions her familiarity with industry-standard applicant tracking systems and human resources software. She concludes this section with a few general abilities necessary for a successful corporate recruiter.
A hiring manager or fellow recruiter can quickly identify the positions this candidate has held, her dates of employment, and her past employers by scanning the work experience section. The candidate describes specific features of her past positions that an employer might want to know in the bulleted lists that accompany each entry. She provides metrics or figures throughout to draw attention to quantifiable achievements.
Yes. The candidate structures this section in reverse chronological order just like the work experience section so that her most recent credential, a professional certification, appears first. She continues backward in time to include specifics about her bachelor’s degree. The candidate is likely to meet the vast majority of educational requirements for recruiter positions, and there is no need for her to include additional information.
The candidate clearly labels every section of this recruiter resume sample provides the necessary information without a lot of fluff. She restricts her summary statement to three short claims, uses bullet points to organize the substance of her skills and work experience sections, and strategically uses spacing to make her resume easy to read.