Our maintenance lead resume sample includes both of these sections, as well as a work experience and education section. This document illustrates the conventional structure and content of a resume for this career. Refer to this sample before you start writing to see what you might want to include and again after finalizing your document to be sure you haven’t omitted important information. We also include a series of questions and answers based on this sample that show you how to produce a resume that helps you get hired for the maintenance lead job you want.
Maintenance Lead Resume Sample
Maintenance lead with more than a decade of experience. Trained building maintenance superintendent certified in healthcare facility management. Direct team of 15 maintenance workers working on medical machinery and maintaining specialized electrical distribution systems.
- Leadership abilities
- Mechanical repairs
- Routine maintenance tasks
- Facilities upkeep
- Current building codes
- Medical equipment
- Wiring and power systems
- Interpreting blueprints and diagrams
- Work orders and recordkeeping
- Managing tools and inventory
St. Joseph’s Healthcare System, Paterson, NJ
- Assign 15 personnel to perform a wide variety of maintenance and repair tasks at medical facilities throughout system
- Process work orders and keep detailed maintenance records concerning all repairs
- Maintain central inventory of specialized tools and replacement parts for facilities projects and medical equipment repairs
- Conduct regular performance appraisals for maintenance specialists and assistance, arranging for training when necessary and selecting candidates for promotion
North Jersey Real Estate, Paterson, NJ
- Led a team of 10 maintenance and custodial workers to fix superficial and specialized issues at more than 100 rentals and properties for sale in the Paterson area
- Responded to notifications from apartment managers and residence owners about repairs needed and established contact with tenants to schedule repairs in inhabited residences
- Performed remodeling tasks, assigned duties to maintenance teams, and contracted some projects out to specialists
- Filed reports about repair requests and status with property company management on a daily basis
Paterson Public Schools, Paterson, NJ
- Maintained a safe environment for students, teachers, and administrative staff at 10 area schools
- Worked on a team with eight maintenance workers with different areas of specialization and offered support or recommendations when necessary
- Notified maintenance director about completion or progress of projects and received new assignments
- Participated in a district-wide lead abatement initiative involving testing paint for lead content and replacing old water pipes
American Hospital Association, Chicago, IL
Building Maintenance Superintendent – 2009
HoHoKus School of Trade & Technical Sciences, Paterson, NJ
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Maintenance Lead Resume? Let’s Check
Yes, he does. The candidate points out that he has already held a maintenance lead position and has more than 10 years of related experience. He brings up his training as a building maintenance superintendent, which emphasizes his skills and ability to manage staff. The candidate stresses his leadership skills by pointing out that he presently manages 15 maintenance workers.
The candidate lists a wide range of maintenance skills, but he starts this list with his leadership abilities. He is able to perform some specialized tasks, like servicing medical equipment. This skill is relevant for his current position and may also be applicable to the job he is seeking.
Yes, it is. The candidate starts with his current position and continues in reverse chronological order. Prospective employers might first notice that he has worked as a maintenance lead for a healthcare system for more than three years. Before he filled this role, he was a maintenance manager. This position also involved supervision as well as more general maintenance tasks. The earliest position the candidate lists is maintenance worker, so this section demonstrates his progression toward leadership positions and increasingly specialized work.
Once again, the candidate starts with his most recent achievement. He has a certification for the position he presently fills, which might also be relevant for the job he is seeking. The candidate continues backward in time to include his trade school degree.
Yes, they would. This candidate evidences his extensive experience and draws attention to his supervisory skills from the summary statement onward. His resume indicates that he has steadily moved up toward roles with more seniority. His training and education are also adequate for most maintenance lead positions. The candidate structures every section of this maintenance lead resume sample to convey information efficiently.