In particular, our loss prevention resume sample provides clear guidance. In addition to offering a model for comparison, it includes writing tips to point out the most significant components of a persuasive resume. Don’t let the task intimidate you. Use our model and the tips that go with it to start writing today.
Loss Prevention Resume Sample
Loss prevention expert with five years of experience in retail and 12 years in law enforcement. Proven ability to reduce loss through strategic initiatives. Resolute commitment to serve with dedication both the business’s bottom line and the law.
- Seasoned in investigating employee and customer theft
- Proficient in maintaining statistics related to losses incurred
- Expert analysis of criminal patterns
- Collaborative in engagement with local law enforcement
- Knowledgeable of retail compliance standards and legal codes
- Well-informed of modern crime prevention technology
Macy’s, Nashville, TN
- Monitor CCTV surveillance on premises and provide both uniformed and plain-clothes security as needed for retail operations
- Collaborate with Nashville PD and other local departments to coordinate quick resolution of incidents
- Investigate suspicious activity and report it in a timely manner, decreasing response time by five minutes and increasing criminal conviction rate by 5% since 2014
- Contribute to a decreasing rate of loss (7%) since 2015 resulting in increased profit (5%)
- Attend crime prevention workshops to stay abreast of improvements in strategy
Nashville PD, Nashville, TN
- Patrol residential district of 3,500 family units, routinely investigating questionable behavior, traffic incidents, and other assigned calls
- Respond in emergency and non-emergency situations, making decisive judgments that prioritize public safety
- Liaise with officers from surrounding departments for cooperative resolutions
- Prepare reports and court testimony for monthly court dates and participation in trials when called upon
- Prioritize community policing initiatives for increasingly positive interaction with district residents, resulting in a 3% decrease in violent crimes since 2012
- Receive recognition as Officer of the Year in 2014
- Perform additional specialized assignments as needed
Nashville PD, Nashville, TN
- Assisted the public with obtaining copies of traffic accidents and collected fees
- Organized and filed incident reports, citations, and accident records
- Shadowed officers in every division to learn the nuances of different police roles
- Performed administrative duties as assigned
- Awarded departmental scholarship to Basic Police School
ITT Technical Institute, Nashville, TN
Basic Police School Certification- Tennessee Law Enforcement Training Academy
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
International Police Association
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Loss Prevention Resume? Let’s Check
Yes! The skills section mentions the officer’s knowledge of “crime-prevention technology” while his retail work history includes surveillance, plain-clothes security, and uniformed protection. In addition, his routine investigations into “suspicious activity” and “questionable behavior” presuppose strategies to keep lives and property safe. Outlining nuances specific to a loss prevention expert strengthens the persuasiveness of the resume.
The loss prevention resume sample maintains an appropriate, professional tone. Demonstrated in the word choice (e.g. “seasoned, proficient, expert, and collaborative”) as well as the organization (summary, skills, work experience, and education), the sense of competence the document conveys equates to the level of expertise organizations would hope for in a manager who protects their assets.
It is. Although all loss prevention experts are not sworn law enforcement officers, some are. The jobseeker in the resume sample has an associate degree in addition to basic police training and continues to work full-time for the Nashville PD while spending days off safeguarding Macy’s. Some retailers hire non-sworn security professionals who simply collaborate with local PDs when they need police presence on site. Whether you’re a certified officer or trained security guard, your resume’s education section should reflect the preparation you’ve undergone.
Absolutely! The skills section centers on asset protection from several perspectives. Statistics and analysis of criminal patterns go hand in hand with knowledge of up-to-date technology, while “collaborative engagement” with local agencies speaks of additional protection from outside the company. The mention of analysis, technology, and collaboration together create a strong sense of the jobseeker’s competency.
Yes. In fact, he offers specific numbers to illustrate his contribution. The applicant has quickened response times in his department, getting officers to incident locations five minutes faster than in previous years. The result has been an increasing conviction rate for offenders (5%) and a sharp decrease in losses (7%). Both have contributed to a 5% growth in profit, a fact that a manager can easily surmise from the detail in the loss prevention resume sample.