You can review the example and compare your resume with it, which may make you realize your resume looks slightly different. By reviewing, you could find your resume is not quite what hiring managers look for. You may see you need to alter the entire thing, or you may find you only have to change a few things. Either way, it is definitely worth it to review your resume, and you should also check out the bonus writing tips.
Security Guard Resume Sample
Seasoned security guard with 10 years’ experience surveilling commercial buildings. Skilled in maintaining security camera surveillance systems and prosecution support. Familiar with local police and fire departments and contacting them when an issue requires assistance.
- Experience with first aid kits, fire extinguishers, and handcuffs
- Certified in CPR
- Familiarity with network monitoring and virus protection software
- Knowledge of criminal law
- Proficient with conducting background checks
- Excellent work ethic
- Detail-oriented and dependable
2011 – Present
- Answer alarms set off by the building and investigate any and all disturbances, which requires availability 24/7
- Write reports, detailing nature of all disturbances and actions taken, and file away all reports in online filing system
- Lock doors of the building once all employees leave, and ensure all exits and entrances are fully secured
- Monitor workers with terminated employment, and make sure they do not steal anything as they leave the building
- Respond to medical emergencies by administering CPR to people until medical workers arrive
- Contact police department for instances of trespassing on the property, including several instances when thieves attempted to steal items
- Operate detecting devices to see what items people bring into the building
Security Officer – State Security Concepts
2008 – 2011
- Escorted senior personnel whenever they left the premises, especially when they left for meetings with other heads of business
- Warned people whenever they broke rules, and let them off with warnings whenever infractions took place
- Inspected security cameras and performed maintenance whenever they needed it
- Adjusted controls that regulated certain building systems, including boiler, furnace, and air conditioner
- Wrote reports for property damage, including several instances where the damage exceeded $1,000 and the company needed to contact its insurance company
- Conducted background checks for new employees, checking to see if potential hires had a criminal background and could pass a drug test
- Circulated the premises to make everyone aware of presence
First-Aid and CPR Certifications
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Security Guard Resume? Let’s Check
Yes, it does. Security officers need to contact an ambulance when a situation arises that is beyond the officer’s control. However, it is helpful if security guards have a basic understanding of how to perform CPR. The education section states the applicant has certification in CPR, and there is also a bullet point in the work history section where the candidate states he responded to an emergency situation on the job in the past.
Absolutely. When writing a resume, you want to position yourself in a role where you can make an actual difference at the company. This sample resume presents numerous points about how the candidate responds to emergency situations. You want to shine a light on the personal value you bring to the position and ultimately the company.
Yes. The sample resume mentions how the applicant kept files of all incidences. This means in the event a hiring manager wanted to contact a previous employer, he or she could do that. The employer would then be able to provide irrefutable evidence the applicant knows how to do the job. A previous employer can send files showcasing your work, and that has great merit.
Security guards often need to work around the clock. They often do not punch in at 9 a.m. and leave at 5 p.m. You should demonstrate in your resume you are capable of taking any shift, whether it is early in the morning or late at night. This sample resume emphasizes that by stating the jobseeker is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Security officers need to be tough and firm. However, they should ultimately make all the other employees at an organization comfortable. This jobseeker has numerous bullet points listed under the work history section where he talks about communicating with others. Somewhere on your resume, you want to show you are a people person.