If you’re not sure exactly where to start, having a look at a professional example, such as our customer success manager resume sample, is a good first step. The sample resume can help you learn how to create your own document and ensure it includes all the key components.
Most people preparing their resumes aren’t professional writers, but you can refer to the writing tips provided along with the resume sample for additional help. With these tools, you can craft a resume that presents your candidacy in the best possible light.
Customer Success Manager Resume Sample
Professional and outgoing customer success manager with 7 years of experience helping companies develop effective customer relationships. Diplomatic and proactive problem-solver focused on finding solutions for customers and employee teams. Decisive and visionary leader with the ability to plan and achieve company and team customer success goals.
- Active listening
- Problem resolution and conflict management
- Outgoing and personable
- Able to educate clients about products and services
- Strong leadership skills with prior experience supervising in a volunteer setting
- Customer relationship development and retention
- Experience with a variety of POS systems and cash register transactions
Murphy’s Furniture Warehouse, Pasadena, CA
- Greet customers as they enter showroom and inquire about their needs
- Help customers find furnishings and accessories appropriate for their budget and personal style
- Explain products, including features, materials, craftsmanship, and other selling points
- Create floorplans based on rooms in customers’ homes to help them determine where they could situate furniture in terms of interior design and to suggest possible additional items
- Increased store’s monthly sales volume by 15% in first six months on the job
- Resolve complaints and concerns in a professional and diplomatic manner
Teletronics Call Center, Santa Monica, CA
- Managed customer accounts for corporate clients in large call center
- Used active listening skills to understand customer complaints
- Responded to customer concerns and helped them find solutions
- Assisted customers in courteous and timely manner
- Received customer satisfaction ratings of over 90% in feedback surveys
Joy’s Clothing Boutique, Torrance, CA
- Provided customized clothing selections and assistance at upscale women’s boutique
- Helped clients find appropriate clothing and accessories, staying within stated price points and taking particular style considerations into account when making selections and suggestions
- Developed customer satisfaction program and signed up 400 clients to store mailing list
- Handled cash register sales, returns, and exchanges
- Created monthly trunk sale, generating an additional 5% in monthly sales volume on an average annual basis
University of Southern California
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Customer Success Manager Resume? Let’s Check
Yes. The customer success manager resume sample shows at several points how the jobseeker has the specific experience and skills required of an employee who interacts directly with customers in a service-oriented position. For example, the jobseeker lists skills such as “active listening” and “problem resolution and conflict management.” By specifically listing some key skills that a customer success position requires, the jobseeker shows that she has the prior experience to qualify her for this type of work.
Absolutely. In the sample resume, we see how the jobseeker made a point to show how she made specific contributions at every one of her former workplaces. In the customer success manager resume sample, the jobseeker lists accomplishments such as “received customer service satisfaction ratings of over 90%” to indicate that she was effective in her job of providing excellent customer service at her former place of employment.
Definitely. The customer success manager resume sample starts off strong with a concise, three-sentence paragraph introducing the hiring manager to the jobseeker’s experience and background, and continues with a succinct bullet-pointed list of the most pertinent skills for the position. Keeping this information up top helps hiring managers quickly determine whether the jobseeker has the baseline skills needed to make it through the initial selection process.
It certainly does! The customer success manager resume sample lists the jobseeker’s college degree at the end of the document. While positions in customer service management don’t always require a college degree, given that this is a management-level position, the competition is likely to have at least some higher education.
Yes. Throughout the resume, the jobseeker includes skills that show how her personality is well-suited to working in a service environment and directly assisting the public. She lists that she is outgoing and personable and also emphasizes her skills in diplomacy.