This project manager resume sample is a good guide to go off of as you craft your own resume to enhance your job hunting success. By reviewing this sample, you can get a better feel for what type of information you should include in each section and what sections you should add to this important document. After reviewing this guide and putting in your own hard work to craft a winning resume, you’ll be well on your way to getting the job you want.
Project Manager Resume Sample
Value-driven project manager with nearly a decade of experience leading cross-functional teams to successfully manage large-scale projects. Able to launch and manage world-class SaaS innovations and complement projects with agile marketing and budgeting capabilities. Highly organized, with the ability to work well under pressure to successfully meet project deadlines and constant demands.
- Team leadership and project cycle management
- Requirements gathering and analysis
- Product marketing and go-to-market launch plans
- Financial modeling and broadcasting
- Scheduling and personnel management
- Technical product R&D
2013 – present
- Manage the launch of front-end solutions for banking services that enable real-time monitoring of transactions completed online by customers
- Develop and oversee global launch of SaaS solution for payment activity, which accelerates processing time of transactions to under one minute
- Lead development of a suite of innovative mobile apps, and oversee small team of IT professionals to ensure production goals are met
- Ensure new products, as well as existing offerings, meet or exceed client expectations by analyzing feedback and survey data
- Work diligently to understand interests of both internal and external stakeholders and develop project initiatives based on these interests
- Document and standardize web deployment procedures to reduce the deployment cycle process
Digital Project Manager – Sales and Solidify Corporation
2011 – 2013
- Minimized the tax exposure of clients and the firm by collaborating with various departments to streamline the W-8 process
- Led a large operations business team of 27 members set up to test and online, interactive customer service reporting tool
- Mediated processing disputes as they arose between both the operations and systems departments
- Facilitated training and communication on key topics for sales offices to increase service scores by up to 10%
- Oversaw two separate tax reporting initiatives from concept to launch to increase overall revenue for the company
- Investigated and managed technical and operational issues as they related to new and ongoing projects
The University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT
Bachelor of Science in Computer Technology – 2010
Weber State University, Ogden, UT
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Project Manager Resume? Let’s Check
It definitely is! Starting with the summary statement, the candidate showcases his best skills as they apply to project management, without making the statement too long or wordy. The applicant also uses bullet points in the work experience and skills section to make document concise and easy to read. Additionally, the jobseeker only includes skills, experiences, and education relevant to project management.
Project managers have to have experience with managing teams, budgets, product development, and more. The candidate successfully illustrates he has the skills necessary to being a project manager starting with the skills section of the resume. Here, he lists the skills most relevant to the job he wants as they relate to project management.
It sure does! In the education section of this resume, the applicant lists two degrees, which employers look for regularly when trying to fill a project management role. Both of these degrees back up the candidate’s skills and work experiences. Although this section has only the two degrees, the education section of your resume can also include professional memberships, awards, and related certifications.
Yes! In both of his work experience entries, the candidate notes he has worked in roles where managing a team was necessary. For example, as a digital project manager, the candidate notes he led a team of 27 people to complete a specific project. Personnel management and team leadership are also listed under his skills in that section of his resume.
Yes, he does! Throughout the sample resume, the applicant showcases his leadership and project management skills. This starts with the summary statement, where the candidate says he has experience leading teams with multiple operational objects. Then, he mentions his leadership and management abilities throughout the skills and work experience sections of this resume. Make sure you illustrate essential skills like these throughout your own resume so your document stands out during the hiring process.