Need some inspiration to liven up that lackluster resume? Review the work history entries in the sample resume for an example of action-oriented writing, a way to impart power and engagement to your resume. For a few more pointers to improve your job search, read further for invaluable tips that demonstrate why this resume sample works.
Team Lead Resume Sample
Highly qualified team lead with seven years of experience providing the structure and direction needed to manage development team members for the IT industry. Skilled at creating organized project plans with clear milestones and delegating core tasks based on employee skills. Committed to creating a collaborative, mentorship-oriented team environment focused on improving deliverables and raising performance standards.
- Team building and leadership
- Project management
- Resource allocation
- Task delegation
- Staff coaching and development
- Project planning and scheduling
- Gathering and managing project requirements
- Scrum Master experienced with Agile, RUP, and Waterfall
ABC Mobile Technologies, Redmond, WA
- Champion the full development lifecycle for custom client web and mobile applications
- Direct a team of 32 Java and PHP programmers throughout the development lifecycle, as well as the 12 members of the testing group throughout all test case development and UAT
- Gather and analyze customer requirements
- Lead Scrum stand-up meetings and sprint planning to deliver applications on a rapid turnaround schedule, with authority over critical milestones, priorities, and client deadlines
- Assign programming and UI/UX design stages to personnel, monitoring code quality to ensure alignment with specifications
- Shortened average development lifecycle by 12% from concept to deployment through Scrum methods
- Recruited a total of 14 talented new developers to increase development capacity
XYZ Technologies LLC, Redmond, WA
- Promoted to manage a team of 27 developers in upgrading and maintaining client-facing ERP systems
- Determined new features and bug fixes and implemented them on the development schedule
- Allocated implementation, programming, and support tasks to development team members
- Identified areas for improvement through application and system enhancements
- Boosted uptime to 99.99% by identifying bottlenecks and upgrading core systems
- Improved staff productivity 22% through team cross-training and development
XYZ Technologies LLC, Redmond, WA
- Took an instrumental role in new feature design and development as a member of the dev team
- Collaborated with QA testing teams on new feature testing and debugging
- Mentored colleagues on technology best practices and standards
- Optimized efficiency 17% by developing test automation scripts
University of Washington, Seattle, WA
Project Management Professional (PMP), 2011
Project Management Institute
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Team Lead Resume? Let’s Check
Of course. In each team lead role depicted, we see the sizes of development teams. In the most recent role on our team lead resume sample, the candidate manages 32 developers from different disciplines, while in the prior role he managed 27. The recent position also shows cross-functional authority over the 12 members of the QA team. It’s important to emphasize team size to show you can handle what employers will ask of you in a new role.
Yes. You don’t want to bog readers down in excessive detail or unimportant facts. Many candidates think if they don’t include every tiny detail of their jobs, employers will somehow know and judge them for providing incomplete information. In truth, employers don’t want to see that kind of blow-by-blow breakdown, and prefer a succinct overview like our sample.
You’ll find team leaders in every career sector; when writing a resume for your team leadership role, it’s necessary to bring focus to the type of organization you worked in and the areas your leadership spanned. In our team lead resume sample, our candidate works in IT software development. The resume is clear on how his leadership impacted programmers and testers. Were you to write a resume for a team lead in financial services, for example, you would instead focus on leadership over teams of financial analysts while discussing how your leadership over customer-facing programs impacted bottom-line growth.
A good team leader strives to support and motivate his or her team members, seeking to get the most out of them while maintaining job satisfaction and employee engagement. In our sample, the candidate does this through cross-training, showing measurable productivity improvements by coaching personnel across functions. The sample also shows involvement in recruitment. A team leader should have a key role in selecting new personnel who’ll be a good fit for the existing team.
It is! In his role at XYZ Technologies, the candidate earned a promotion from Application Developer to Team Lead after just a year of employment. Often team leads who have experience in the roles they’ll be managing have greater value because they know exactly what they’ll be asking of their staff. Be sure to show progression from roles that add to your leadership.