You can use the sample resume as a model to compare your own application materials against. Look at the sample’s formatting and then observe the formatting on your own document. You may realize there are a few things to change that can greatly improve your showing with hiring managers. The bonus writing tips should also help you understand what employers expect out of jobseekers’ applications.
Quality Control Resume
Efficient quality control inspector with many years of experience ensuring manufactured parts are expertly produced. Skilled with using an array of measuring equipment, including tension testers, absorbance spectrophotometers, and force gauges. Excellent communicator to speak with people at every level of an organization.
- Expertise with test automation software
- Knowledge of program testing software, such as Hewlett Packard LoadRunner
- Understanding of production processes and raw materials
- Complex problem-solving abilities
- Near vision and perceptual speed
- Investigative prowess
- Ability to adapt
- Excellent physical strength and stamina
2014 – Present
- Conduct routine analyses on environmental samples, raw materials, and finished products to ensure everything remains in compliance with company’s high standards
- Perform visual inspections of final products to make sure items look exactly like the blueprints
- Interpret test results to determine if any products need changes before released to the public
- Maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment, and fix or replace components when they begin to show their age
- Ensure lab and warehouse are always kept clean and sanitary to stay in compliance with state guidelines
- Receive raw materials on behalf of the company, and inspect materials before use to ensure they meet standards
- Develop new process to determine quality of products, helping to reduce overall inspection time by 20%, and teach new hires how to perform innovative processes
- Write technical reports, including trend analyses and deviation reports, outlining what actions team took during inspections
2011 – 2014
- Coordinated testing between various vendors and laboratories, negotiating contracts along the way
- Participated in audits to determine what areas of quality inspection process required improvement
- Investigated questionable lab reports, including one instance where the team ended up discovering a significant design flaw before a product entered the marketplace
- Supplied relevant data for regulatory submissions, cooperating fully with state officials
- Revised company manuals whenever supervisors made changes to corporate procedures
University of Nevada, Reno
Graduated magna cum laude
Member since 2010
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Accounting Clerk Resume? Let’s Check
Yes, it does. Quality control inspectors need to know how to use a variety of devices. You should demonstrate the extent of your current knowledge, and the sample resume does an excellent job of this. The professional summary references specific tools, and in the skills section, the jobseeker mentions proficiency with Hewlett Packard LoadRunner. You should never lie about having knowledge, but make sure to emphasize the areas where you do excel.
Definitely. There is no point to mentioning skills that would never be useful on the job. The quality control resume sample does a good job of focusing on investigative abilities and problem-solving skills. There would be no need to mention a skill like being an excellent cook, because that would never come up on the job. The work history section also focuses on the last couple places of employment. The jobseeker may have had other jobs in the past, perhaps in different industries, but she chooses to focus on the most pertinent workplaces.
Quality control inspectors should possess knowledge of examining numerous types of items. The sample resume includes information about how the jobseeker tested both raw materials and final products in her previous lines of work. A resume should show how you can take care of every aspect of a position. This makes hiring managers much more confident in bringing you on.
Yes. One important aspect of quality control is the constant need to change. Inspectors always need to remain on the lookout for areas of improvement. You should demonstrate your ability to respond to changes in a similar way to the sample resume. It emphasizes the skill directly in the qualifications section, and the candidate mentions this ability in one of the work experiences.
Yes. For a standard work resume, you want to introduce the document with a professional summary. From there, you want to include your skills, work history, and education. This sample resume includes the applicant’s professional affiliations, which is acceptable. However, the applicant avoids information that does not belong on the document, such as a list of references or hobbies.