Aim to bring up your most compelling qualifications near the top of your resume. A bulleted list of skills can be as detailed and extensive as you want while remaining easy for prospective employers to skim. You should also make readability a priority when you format your work experience section. Cover formal schooling, professional training, and any relevant certifications in the education section of your resume, or in additional sections. Once you finish looking over this resume sample, you might also benefit from reading through a series of questions and answers that address important considerations when writing a resume for a public relations director position.
Public Relations Director Resume
Public relations expert with over 12 years of experience and a master’s degree in public relations and corporate communication. Worked for two major PR firms in New York before becoming director of public relations for a Philadelphia group. Specialize in brand image management and developing launch campaigns for new products.
- Public relations initiatives
- Campaign development
- Focus group research
- Data analysis and targeted promotions
- Scheduling and placing integrated publicity
- Brand image management
- Media relations
- Crisis communications
- Strategic messaging
- Web and social media marketing
Palumbo and Partners, Philadelphia, PA
- Achieve 23% growth of new accounts through integrated digital and traditional press strategy
- Cultivate relationships with bloggers, website owners, and social media influencers resulting in a 200% average increase in social engagements for core brands
- Help a celebrity-owned cosmetics company rebound from controversy over ingredient quality
- Orchestrate award-winning second screen campaigns reinforcing television commercials with internet ads to provide additional information and promotional deals
YVA Public Relations, New York, NY
- Developed marketing strategies for more than 50 corporate clients and assigned PR representatives to follow through on accounts
- Specialized in improving clients’ images and reputations during crises by developing consistent reparative messaging
- Facilitated co-marketing strategies allowing for lucrative cross-promotional deals
- Collaborated with representatives from more than 30 companies to implement corporate communications plans
McCaskill Palmer, New York, NY
- Assisted PR specialists with image and information-driven campaigns for 40 corporate clients
- Submitted weekly pitches as requested for accounts in development
- Drafted more than 60 press releases for print media and internet news sources and submitted to PR representatives and specialists for final approval
- Organized extensive files of digital and digitized clips for agency and over 100 clients
New York University, New York, NY
Bachelor of Arts in Advertising, Public Relations - 2002
Pennsylvania State University, College Park, PA
summa cum laude
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
• The Organization of American Women in PR
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Accounting Clerk Resume? Let’s Check
Yes, it is. The summary statement offers a brief preview of the candidate’s top credentials. She structures the skills section as a bulleted list that can be easily skimmed. The candidate includes three detailed work experience entries and uses bullet points to organize this substantial section. The final section provides essential details about her education.
Yes, she does. The candidate brings up the fact that she has more than 12 years of experience at major firms, a master’s degree in public relations and corporate communications, and is currently employed as a public relations director.
All of the skills that the candidate lists are applicable to this position and her focus on corporate public relations. She brings up some of the most significant duties indicated in her work experience section and the order of this list might reflect the specifications for the job she is seeking.
Yes, it does. This candidate is already filling a public relations director role and has risen through the ranks in this field. She uses figures or metrics in every entry in the work experience section to evidence her increasing professional skills.
The candidate prioritizes her most advanced and recent credentials in the education section of this public relations director resume sample. She has a master’s degree that coincides with her career path. She also majored in public relations as an undergraduate. The candidate provides her dates of graduation and the names and locations of the schools she attended. She graduated a while ago, so there is no need for her to include her GPA, though she does point out that she completed her bachelor’s degree with highest honors. The following section indicates her affiliation with leading professional organizations in her field.