It may feel a bit overwhelming to draft your own. An example template like our account executive resume sample can give you a baseline to help you create a professional document. By using a sample, you can ensure that your own resume includes everything hiring managers are expecting to see.
When it comes to writing about your work history and skills, our writing tips can be a big help as well. Our tools will give you what you need to get started on your way to a successful job search.
Account Executive Resume Sample
Detail-oriented and results-driven account executive with 10 years of experience successfully managing accounts. Organized and strategic in meeting sales goals and targets. Strong oral and written communication skills for building excellent client relationships.
- Clear and direct communicator
- Driven and goal-oriented
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Effective at closing sales
- Able to educate clients about products and services
- Calm and resourceful in problem-solving and conflict management
- Organized, with exceptional attention to detail
Grand Junction Tribune, Redmond, WA
- Manage regional sales route for display print advertising for local businesses
- Meet weekly with clients to determine ad placement, design, and budget
- Work closely with advertising production designer to ensure accurate ad design and placement
- Meet weekly, monthly, and quarterly sales goals consistently
- Increased client base by 20 additional businesses in first six months on the job
- Resolve client problems and concerns in timely and professional manner
Wine Selections, Seattle, WA
- Handled a roster of over 100 restaurant clients for large local wine distribution company
- Educated clients about new wines and helped them select appropriate choices to offer on restaurant menus
- Conducted wine tastings for clients and arranged meet-the-producer events to build networking opportunities for restaurant owners, staff, and wine professionals
- Received company’s “Sales Executive of the Year Award” in 2011 and 2014
- Hosted annual sales event to bring all company sales executives and restaurant clients together for product promotion and development
Greystone Bank, Kirkland, WA
- Advised clients on investment options and financial planning strategies
- Analyzed clients’ personal finance portfolios to determine current status and advise recommended investment options to help clients achieve their financial goals
- Developed monthly personal finance education workshops that increased product sales for the bank by 10% overall
- Educated clients about bank’s personal finance products and services and explained programs and benefits, answering questions and conducting additional research as needed
- Followed industry best practices and bank guidelines for proper money management and account handling procedures
University of Washington
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Account Executive Resume? Let’s Check
Absolutely! The jobseeker shows on several occasions throughout the account executive resume sample how he has successfully handled client accounts in a variety of industries in his past positions. He mentions relevant skills in the skills section such as “effective at closing sales” and “clear and direct communicator”, which a hiring manager will be looking for when considering who to call for an interview for an account executive position.
Yes. The account executive resume sample includes a brief education section where the jobseeker lists his college degree. Since the candidate entered the field as an account executive in personal finance, the degree in economics reflects the preparation required for that field. As well, additional work experience shows how the candidate broadened his skills by working as an account executive in other industries and settings as well.
It certainly does! The jobseeker uses strong action verbs to describe his tasks at his current position as well as in his past work history. What’s more, he lists specific, measurable accomplishments in the account executive resume sample, providing a hiring manager with examples of how he may be able to contribute in the new position as well. The resume is formatted using bullet points and brief statements in the introduction, so the hiring manager can easily skim the document and is more likely to read further.
Definitely! The jobseeker makes mention several times of how he increased sales volume for his company and created specific events for clients and industry professionals to network with the aim of building business. He also mentions how he is able to help clients understand products and services and answer their questions.
Yes. The account executive resume sample shows different examples of the jobseeker’s soft skills, such as “self-motivated and proactive.” These are key components in being an effective account executive.