There are several features this sample displays that you should consider as you create and revise your own resume. Employers often want to see jobseekers who have experience that closely matches the open position. With this information in mind, make sure to tailor your work experience to each position, and double-check each update for typos and spelling errors. Also, make sure to include percentages and dollar amounts that demonstrate your ability to meet departmental goals. You are well on your way to getting your next job with this sample and these writing tips.
Sales Rep Resume Sample
Professional sales rep with a friendly and outgoing demeanor. Experience with cold calling, site visits, on-site sales, and lead generation. Organized individual, with excellent follow-through skills.
- Friendly and warm demeanor with a wide base of customers
- Can handle a high volume of in-store sales during the busy seasons
- Solid time-management skills
- Working knowledge of wireless and cloud-based technologies
- Can make 20-30 calls in an hour
- Ability to stand and drive for long periods of time
Glass Technologies, St. Cloud, MN
- Sell technology and cloud services to individuals and small local businesses
- Complete bulk orders from the parent company to keep supplies in stock twice a month
- Call customers who express interest in the product on chat and the website
- Received an employee of the quarter award in 2016 for exceeding sales goals
- Created a referral program that boosted sales by 10%
- Train junior sales reps on phone and in-person sales techniques
- Submit weekly reports that outlines cold call completion, number of site visits, and closed sales
- Participate in management training programs with other sales reps
Welcome Wireless, Bloomington, MN
- Set up appointments for inbound sales with the lead generation software
- Cold-call 20 business customers a day to promote hardware, software, and cloud solutions
- Earned the top seller role for six consecutive quarters in 2014-2015
- Researched on LinkedIn and other online tools to identify sales targets
- Answered questions about products, warranties, and other wireless items in-store
- Ordered and restocked low- and out-of-stock materials as needed
- Served as the closing manager on weekends and held keys to the store
- Upsold services and warranties to customers
Wires and Digital Technologies, Springfield, IL
- Assisted the account managers with introductory cold calls to new customers
- Managed internal schedules for the sales department
- Collected and archived weekly sales goals from account managers and other sales reps
- Answered the phone for the department and provided introductory information about packages and options.
Central Community College, Springfield, IL
High School Diploma, 2008
West Banks High School, Springfield, IL
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Sales Rep Resume? Let’s Check
Yes. Sales reps need to provide excellent customer service and answer questions about the product or service. The candidate clearly does not shy away from completing cold calls or initiating contact with customers. This resume also shows he won awards for exceeding sales goals regularly. The candidate can clearly connect buyers with the company’s offerings.
The sales rep resume sample provides evidence that the candidate is organized and handles tasks beyond the in-person interaction. Early in this applicant’s career, he collected sales metrics from other sales reps and account managers. This consistent reporting paves the way to good reporting habits in future positions. Another item to note is the regular follow-through on inbound sales calls to potential customers. Include any daily tasks that show your ability to stay organized while interacting with a number of customers.
The sales field is highly competitive, but there are a few points that distinguish this applicant from all the others looking for a job. First, this professional can handle inbound and outside sales, and some companies might need that hybrid skill set. In addition, holding keys to a store usually is a task that requires trust from management. This type of responsibility only goes to employees who demonstrate responsibility on the job. Finally, the candidate’s awards at two different jobs displays his commitment to go above and beyond the job description.
Yes. The candidate started off in an assistant role, and then moved into sales roles with more responsibility. Some sales departments are flat in structure and do not allow for a lot of job title promotion. In this case, recruiters are going to look for on-the-job success and increased responsibility within the role.
Yes. The professional summary gives a succinct answer to the candidate’s abilities to handle different tasks. The skills and qualifications section provides hiring managers with a clear idea of the applicant’s core abilities. With the work experience, the jobseeker shows a comprehensive job history with more information about accomplishments and daily tasks. To wrap it up, the education portion displays any formal training relating to the open position.