Looking over a resume sample like the one below is a great way to understand how to customize your resume for the apprenticeship you are seeking. Start by bringing up your most relevant achievements, experience, and skills in your summary statement, and make sure that you list relevant skills for an electrician-in-training. Make sure that your education section meets any stated requirements, which may include a high school diploma or GED. Review our apprentice electrician resume sample before moving on to the questions and answers about best writing practices. These resources will give you a clearer idea about how to write a resume for an apprenticeship.
Apprentice Electrician Resume Sample
Qualifying score on Electrical Trades Aptitude Test in summer 2017. Strong mathematical and mechanical reasoning skills. Capable of working with others, communicating verbally, and following instructions.
- Interpreting electrical and mechanical schematics
- Using manual and power tools
- Mechanical aptitude
- Basic wiring skills
- Electrical troubleshooting and repairs
- Following verbal or written instructions
- Mathematical calculations
- Maintaining safe work practices
- Customer service
- Color vision
Riverview Electrical Supply, St Paul, MN
- Respond to more than 50 inquiries from customers and contractors about inventory availability per week and place orders with suppliers
- Provide assistance to customers in store and over the phone with planning repair projects or instructions for product use
- Balance cash drawer nightly and organize order records and receipts for filing
- Prepare orders for pickup by contractors and customers by boxing or readying larger items for pickup at store supply dock
- Unload and stock standard inventory on shelves, including parts and components manufactured to exact size specifications, ensuring that labeling accurately represents items
Wakefield Hardware, St Paul, MN
- Rang up customers at cash register, processing all types of transactions and tax exemptions where necessary
- Answered last-minute questions from customers regarding product pricing or parts and tools available for purchase or by special orders
- Maintained accurate cash drawer count and credit and debit card purchase records
- Packaged customer purchases in a safe and organized manner and assisted with safe checkout with large items
- Calculated register purchase totals and reconciled with total store sales amounts
Harris Home Construction, St. Paul, MN
- Assisted contractor with labor during the summer, including work on three remodeling jobs and five new homes
- Dug ditches and performed other basic non-technical tasks to facilitate electricians’ work
- Observed certified electricians performing wiring work and became interested in pursuing training to become an electrician
- Cleaned up job sites at the end of the work day and participated in final cleaning for completed projects
- Organized inventory at main office and loaded trucks with materials
Johnson Senior High School, St Paul, MN
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Apprentice Electrician Resume? Let’s Check
Yes, he does. The candidate covers his strongest qualifications, including a qualifying score on the Electrical Trades Aptitude Test, in the summary statement. He sets forth applicable skills and describes work experience that is generally related to the training he is seeking. He includes his high school diploma in the education section.
Yes. A trainer skimming the summary statement in this apprentice electrician resume sample would see his passing score on a subject-specific test, mathematical reasoning skills, and ability to work with others and follow instructions.
All of the skills that this candidate lists are relevant for an apprentice electrician, from his mechanical aptitude to his customer service skills. His inclusion of color vision addresses an ability that is important for electricians to acknowledge, whether they can see a full range of colors or are color blind, though it is not an absolute requirement for employment in this field.
Yes, he does. This candidate currently works at an electrical supply store where he responds to inquiries from customers and contractors. He relies on his mathematical skills, planning abilities, and capacity to make categorical distinctions in this role. His previous position at a hardware store also required these abilities. He points out that he performed basic tasks for certified electricians during his first summer job and remains interested in pursuing an internship.
The candidate provides information about his high school diploma in the education section of this apprentice electrician resume sample. This includes his date of graduation and the name and location of the school he attended.