Consult the resume example included here as you work. It shows you the correct formatting, along with showcasing the type of information you should include. Also, review the included writing tips for further assistance on what to do and what not to do as you write. By using these tools, you can learn how to really wow a hiring manager and get one step closer to landing the job.
General Labor Resume Sample
Edgeville, VT 11111 • [email protected] • 555-278-9865
Experienced general labor worker with a drive for excellence and skills working in a variety of manufacturing settings. Committed to efficiency and accuracy to produce high quality work and act as a standout representative of the company’s ability to produce good products. Reliable, adaptable, and physically strong, demonstrating superior skills in multitasking and a responsible attitude with an eagerness to lead others.
- Physical stamina
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, climb, and crawl
- Strong math skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient with computers
- Able to drive forklift
- An eye for detail
- Quality control
- Maintain production levels based on set company goals
- Work on various stations as assigned by management, keeping work areas clean and organized
- Spot-check quality of parts and troubleshoot machine problems
- Run computerized machine to create plastic parts
- Train new employees on each line as requested
- Oversee quality control and conduct routine quality checks
- Tear down machinery for cleaning
- Manage computer records of production statistics
- Recognized in 2011, 2013, and 2016 for high quality and meeting production goals for each quarter
- Ran machine to stamp labels and other wording on boxes
- Managed machine operations to ensure it stayed running properly
- Served as team leader for eight years, overseeing and training new employees on the line
- Maintained a clean and organized workstation
- Brought quality issues to management’s attention
- Kept records of production
- Loaded and unloaded pallets, driving a forklift when needed
- Awarded recognition for fewest days of downtime on a line in the factory in 2005, 2007, and 2009
- Assisted with the teardown and cleanup of the warehouse when factory closed
- Assisted maintenance crew by cleaning up, gathering tools, bringing supplies, and loading trucks
- Handled minor maintenance tasks as assigned by crew leader
- Answered phones and set appointments for service
- Gathered customer signatures and payment information
- Kept inventory records and created purchase orders
- Trained new maintenance helpers before leaving position
Edgeville High School, Vermont
General Labor Certificate – 2000
Edgeville Career Center, Vermont
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good General Labor Resume? Let’s Check
The applicant mentions his experience with computerized machines a few times in the resume within the skills and experience sections. This is important when applying for a general labor job, because most factories will use computers in some way to operate equipment. Some factories even use electronic equipment to do the processes that humans once did, so employees must be able to operate the computer systems.
A hiring manager is likely to look for candidates who have experience in a manufacturing setting, because they will require less training and already be familiar with general operating standards. This applicant does a fine job of explaining he has experience in different manufacturing settings in the general labor resume sample, starting in the Summary section. In the work experience section, the applicant outlines his experience and draws attention to the specific accomplishments he has had in the industry, making it clear he is well-versed with this type of work environment.
Presenting a hiring manager with an easy-to-read resume is essential if you want to get past the first stage of the process. You must keep information organized and present it in a way that facilitates quickly reading through. The applicant here does a superior job making the general labor resume sample simple to read by using bullet lists and having clear sections.
Hiring managers will likely look for skills with computers, quality control, maintenance, troubleshooting, and production. The general labor resume sample clearly outlines the various skills and abilities this applicant has that fit exactly with the goals of a manufacturing company. He demonstrates how he is used to checking and maintaining quality, along with meeting production goals. He also draws attention to his commitment to safety, which is essential in this industry.
Every resume should bring attention to how the applicant can benefit the company. This general labor resume sample ensures the hiring manager will see this applicant as an asset through noting accomplishments and specific manufacturing-related details about him. For example, in the work experience section, there are several mentions about previous employers positively recognized the jobseeker for attendance and performance, which are things manufacturing companies want to see.