Landing a new position can take some time, but you’re much more likely to have a positive experience in your job search when you have an outstanding resume. By looking at a resume example and following the writing tips for the landscaping industry, you can create a resume that shows off your readiness for the job.
Residential Landscaping Resume Sample
Experienced residential landscape designer with an eye for bringing out a yard’s natural beauty. Exceptional ability to work independently and with a team. Professional communication skills.
- Virtual Architect Home & Landscape
- Realtime Landscaping Plus
- Texas Certified Landscape Associate
- Ability to work well with others and find solutions to complex problems
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Team player attitude with a strong emphasis on customer satisfaction
Encore Landscapes, Houston, TX
- Consult with clients to present portfolios and gain insights into their vision for the landscape
- Enter new customer details into the CRM, increasing accuracy of information by 13%
- Provide clients with a list of product options, including organic pesticides and mulch
- Work with lead residential landscaping architect, using Realtime Landscaping Plus software to create mock ups and plan out drainage systems
- Present clients with several plan options before beginning the project
- Lead a team of landscaping associates to ensure safety working with heavy construction machinery and dangerous tools
Houston Landscaping, Houston, TX
- Worked as a team to quickly and efficiently complete landscaping projects for over 10 clients per month
- Adhered to state safety laws in order to avoid injuries of all parties involved
- Operated heavy machinery to facilitate the timely delivery of clients’ yard landscaping goals, reducing the length of each project by an average of 5%
- Consulted with the landscaping architect to gain experience using design software such as Virtual Architect Home & Landscape
- Shared duties with other landscaping associates on a rotating schedule, gaining expert-level skills in duties such as routine mowing, tree pruning, and grading of the land
Green Thumb Landscaping, Houston, TX
- Loaded the truck with all necessary supplies before the beginning of a project
- Answered office phone calls and transferred clients to the lead landscaping architect
- Completed entry-level landscaping duties, including mowing and tree trimming
- Accompanied the lead landscaper on trips to the home improvement store to purchase necessary tools for the job while closely monitoring the budget
- Contacted clients after project completion to ask for reviews, resulting in a 6% increase of positive customer feedback
Landscape Horticulture Certificate, 2006
University of Houston
Texas Certified Landscape Associate, 2005
Texas Nursery and Landscape Association
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Residential Landscaping Resume? Let’s Check
Yes, it does! This jobseeker immediately points out his outstanding ability to communicate with clients to make them feel truly valued throughout each step of the process. Most residential landscaping firms are interested in adding more great communicators to the team, and this candidate meets the requirements.
Affirmative. You’ve probably heard that it’s best to keep resumes short, and while it’s true that you should aim to keep your document length at one page, it’s important to provide at least five bullet points in each job history section. This residential landscaping resume sample is up to the challenge and provides a minimum of five bullet points for each job, clearly outlining the candidate’s readiness for a senior landscaping position.
Yes, he does. This jobseeker lists his exceptional attention to detail right off the bat, and hiring managers will take note. In addition to listing attention to detail as a skill, he also backs this claim up with concrete evidence. During his time at Encore Landscapes, the candidate increased the accuracy of information in the database by 13%.
Absolutely! The model resume provides a great example of this essential writing tip. Instead of simply listing duties, the jobseeker showcases his ability to step up and take action in everything he does while on the job. Beginning the sentences in the work history section with a verb is vital in crafting a masterful resume.
Confirmed. Entry-level jobs in residential landscaping usually don’t require education beyond a high school diploma, but as an employee grows, it’s helpful to add certifications. This ambitious candidate has achieved two certifications: one from the University of Houston, and the other from the Texas Nursery and Landscape Association. This level of education will serve him well in a new role.