Study our sample and additional writing tips for inspiration on what skills and relevant keywords to use in your resume and how to display your top accomplishments in an impressive way. Format your own document in a similar fashion to help employers quickly and easily scan it. With our writing tips, sample, and some hard work, you can craft a resume that puts you well on your way to more interviews and job opportunities.
Night Auditor Resume Sample
Atlanta, Georgia 11111 • [email protected] • 555-555-1388
Detail-oriented night auditor with proficiencies in report generation and data analysis. Fifteen years of experience in providing friendly and professional customer service to all guests. Adept at multitasking hotel accounting and bookkeeping processes and front desk duties.
- Customer service and conflict resolution
- Hotel computer systems and software
- Accounting and bookkeeping processes
- Reporting and record-keeping
- Data analysis
Best Days Holiday Hotel, Atlanta, GA
- Handle all aspects of the hotel front desk during overnight hours, including answering the telephone and emails, greeting new visitors, and assisting in-house guests with check-outs and other needs
- Create reports detailing the number of occupied and vacant rooms and daily revenue totals to give to management, housekeeping, and accounting departments
- Balance credit card transactions and settle cash drawers with an unwavering record of 100% accuracy
- Increase the hotel’s annual profits by 15% by consistently exceeding room sale goals and promoting membership programs
- Perform after-hour maintenance, security, and housekeeping duties as needed
Peaches Holiday Resort & Spa, Atlanta, GA
- Managed hotel operations during overnight hours in a hotel with 100 guest rooms
- Restructured night auditor processes from manual to computerized tasks to improve data input accuracy by 10%
- Examined prior shift reports and ensured daily revenue documentation was accurate; investigated and resolved discrepancies when necessary
- Transferred financial reports to the accounting department and prepared bills for guests checking out the following day
- Trained new employees in front desk and night auditor procedures and policies
Atlantic Way Deluxe Hotel, Atlanta, GA
- Executed close-of-day duties such as restarting computer systems and generating reports on daily profits and room occupancies
- Greeted and checked in late arrivals and assisted in-house guests with questions or concerns
- Backed up daily in-house guest and revenue information on the computer and printed out necessary lists for next-day management, reception, and housekeeping staff
- Improved accuracy of financial reports by 25% within the first three months as night auditor and maintained that standard throughout employment duration
- Monitored front desk supply inventory and communicated needs to the head manager
University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
Write a Professional Resume Now!
Is This a Good Night Auditor Resume? Let’s Check
Absolutely! A night auditor should have a familiarity with hotel computer systems and software, accounting and bookkeeping processes, and customer service policies. The jobseeker communicates all three of these proficiencies in his skills section. He goes even further to point out skills in “mathematics,” “reporting and record-keeping,” and “data analysis,” all relevant and very important skills to have as a night auditor.
Yes! He explicitly states in his summary statement that he is able to multitask both aspects of the job, and then goes on to list specific responsibilities pertaining to each side in his work experience section. He asserts that he performed front desk duties such as checking guests in and out of the hotel and answering telephone calls and emails. At the same time, he stresses duties such as creating revenue reports and preparing bills for departing guests.
As you can see, the jobseeker clearly identifies these skills in the summary and skills sections. He takes it a step further by demonstrating how he used these skills throughout his career in his work experience section, stating that he created reports detailing in-house occupancy and revenue totals, examined other reports for accuracy, and “investigated and resolved discrepancies when necessary.”
He does. He shows potential employers how he might benefit their business by using metrics to point out prior accomplishments that other candidates may not have. He states in his work experience section that he helped to “increase the hotel’s annual profits by 15%” and “improve data input accuracy by 10%.” Using numbers and percentages helps grab and keep the attention of employers.
It is! The summary statement is short and to the point, conveying essential information with three concise sentences. The skills section uses industry keywords to engage the reader and bullet points to allow for easy scanning. The work experience section displays different and impressive responsibilities and achievements, and the education section clearly and succinctly communicates the jobseeker’s academic credentials.