Providing support is your specialty. You need a resume that supports you by pinpointing your best professional qualities in a succinct but memorable fashion. Our administrative assistant resume templates show you how to create one. A dynamic list of skills and an experience section that describes your greatest accomplishments can help you get the job you want.
We offer various methods to help you create a document that shows your ability to multitask and offer great service. Take advantage of our resume-building tools and tips from administrative assistant professionals. They turn writing a stellar resume into a practically effortless process.
Free Administrative Support Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional administrative support resumes.
How To Mention Your Administrative Assistant Experience
At first glance, the job duties of administrative assistants may look simple and straightforward. They answer phones and provide general office support to their supervisors and possibly others. The administrative assistant resume templates show you how to match your experience to the description of the specific job you want. Action words help you convey all the work you do behind the scenes:
• Utilize different types of software to manage calendars, create spreadsheets and databases, print labels, type letters, and summarize meeting notes
• Manage multiple phone lines to answer questions, make appointments, and direct calls to appropriate parties
• Create a filing system that organizes the office's important internal documents and protects client files
• Operate and perform minor troubleshooting maintenance on office equipment, such as copy or fax machines
• Anticipate the needs of supervisor, providing support to make his or her job easier and more effective
Administrative Assistant Resume Tips
By following the examples in our administrative assistant resume templates, you can create a strong document that is likely to get you an interview. Before you submit it to prospective employers, however, consider professional resume tips to improve your document.
1. Personalize Your Administrative Assistant Resume: Each administrative assistant position is different. The keywords in the job description provide hints about what the employer expects in a candidate. Use these keywords throughout your resume to indicate that you are a great match for the position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: This statement is the first thing recruiters read. Your summary needs to provide a complete picture of the best qualifications you bring to the table, particularly those strengths that are unique.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: While you want your experience section to match the job description, you don't want it to read like one. Phrase the duties you perform as specific examples of how you help the office run smoothly.
Administrative Assistant Resume Templates
A great resume can land you a great job. Our administrative assistant resume templates provide real-world examples of awesome resumes.
The resume builder at My Perfect Resume gives step-by-step guidance for creating your resume. Combined with our tips from our professional contributors, you can create a standout document.
- Administrative Assistant Example 11
Teacher (August 2014 – March 2015) Midfield City Schools, Birmingham, Alabama Monitored and maintained work stations and work board. Entered student attendance statuses into computer, including absences, tardies, and early dismi... more 12
- Administrative Assistant Example 12
Adminstrative Assistant – ( Jul 2011 – Jul 2013) US Navy, Charleston, SC Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Distributed mail and internal correspondence. Provided administrative supp... more 13
- Administrative Assistant Example 13
Jessica Ann Davis ObjectiveTo find employment in a medical facility.EducationFrancis Marion University, n/a Florence, SC, USA Pre-Nursing, n/a Microsoft Office Trained Two courses of Medical TerminologyLatta High School, 2006 Latta, S... more 14
- Administrative Assistant Example 14
VICE PRINCIPAL ADMINISTRATION – ( OCTOBER, 2009 – FEBRUARY, 2013) ELIZTOR HIGH SCHOOL BARKIN LADI, JOS, PLATEAU (NIGERIA) Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Trained new hires. Distrib... more 15
- Administrative Assistant Example 15
Caregiver – ( 2009 – current) I.H.S.S, Hayward, California (United States) Monitored and reported achieved and non achieved treatment goals to physician. Advised and informed patients about drug interactions, secondary eff... more 16
- Administrative Assistant Example 16
San Diego Collaborative Arts Project, San Diego, CA March 2015 – Present : Safety Lead Volunteer head of safety for 3100 person event. Created policy and procedures for prevention of and response to emergency situations. Led 12 su... more 17
- Administrative Assistant Example 17
runner/host – ( 02/13 – present) Studio movie grill, Scottsdale, AZ (USA) Cleaned the working area and equipment. Handled money Served food to customers Showed customers to theaters Cleaned bathrooms and hallways Trained n... more 18
- Administrative Assistant Example 18
Non-Appropriated Funds, Administrative Assistant , 09/16/2016 – Present McGuire AFB , NJ, United StatesUnited States Air Force, Treasurer, 02/28/2014 – Present McGuire AFB, NJ, United StatesE. Neal Roberts Elementary, Vo... more 19
- Administrative Assistant Example 19
Andrea Owens Education Seneca High School, 2007, SenecaMissouri, US High Honors Diploma, High Honors Diploma I attended Seneca High School for 4 years. I completed high school with a GPA of 3.89.Franklin Technology Center, 2012, JoplinM... more 20
- Administrative Assistant Example 20
rah th Work history Community Nutrition Educator (1/2011 – 1/2014)University of Minnesota Extension, Blue Earth, MN, United States Duties included scheduling classes, preparing and completing required documentation, evaluating audien... more