Providing support is your specialty. You need a resume that supports you by pinpointing your best professional qualities in a succinct but memorable fashion. Our administrative assistant resume templates show you how to create one. A dynamic list of skills and an experience section that describes your greatest accomplishments can help you get the job you want.
We offer various methods to help you create a document that shows your ability to multitask and offer great service. Take advantage of our resume-building tools and tips from administrative assistant professionals. They turn writing a stellar resume into a practically effortless process.
Free Administrative Support Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional administrative support resumes.
How To Mention Your Administrative Assistant Experience
At first glance, the job duties of administrative assistants may look simple and straightforward. They answer phones and provide general office support to their supervisors and possibly others. The administrative assistant resume templates show you how to match your experience to the description of the specific job you want. Action words help you convey all the work you do behind the scenes:
• Utilize different types of software to manage calendars, create spreadsheets and databases, print labels, type letters, and summarize meeting notes
• Manage multiple phone lines to answer questions, make appointments, and direct calls to appropriate parties
• Create a filing system that organizes the office's important internal documents and protects client files
• Operate and perform minor troubleshooting maintenance on office equipment, such as copy or fax machines
• Anticipate the needs of supervisor, providing support to make his or her job easier and more effective
Administrative Assistant Resume Tips
By following the examples in our administrative assistant resume templates, you can create a strong document that is likely to get you an interview. Before you submit it to prospective employers, however, consider professional resume tips to improve your document.
1. Personalize Your Administrative Assistant Resume: Each administrative assistant position is different. The keywords in the job description provide hints about what the employer expects in a candidate. Use these keywords throughout your resume to indicate that you are a great match for the position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: This statement is the first thing recruiters read. Your summary needs to provide a complete picture of the best qualifications you bring to the table, particularly those strengths that are unique.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: While you want your experience section to match the job description, you don't want it to read like one. Phrase the duties you perform as specific examples of how you help the office run smoothly.
Administrative Assistant Resume Templates
A great resume can land you a great job. Our administrative assistant resume templates provide real-world examples of awesome resumes.
The resume builder at My Perfect Resume gives step-by-step guidance for creating your resume. Combined with our tips from our professional contributors, you can create a standout document.
- Administrative Assistant Example 21
VICE PRINCIPAL ADMINISTRATION – ( OCTOBER, 2009 – FEBRUARY, 2013) ELIZTOR HIGH SCHOOL BARKIN LADI, JOS, PLATEAU (NIGERIA) Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Trained new hires. Distrib... more 22
- Administrative Assistant Example 22
Peer Mentor – Indiana University South Bend – Fall 2014 – Peer Mentor for 100 level course dealing with physical anthropology – Assisted professor with grading, coming up with class projects – Counseled stude... more 23
- Administrative Assistant Example 23
Administrative Assistant (Sep. 2014 – Aug. 2015)BTE, Hanover, MD Handle incoming and outgoing operator phone calls for local office Answer customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages Distribute mail and inte... more 24
- Administrative Assistant Example 24
Objective PROFILE Administrative support professional offering versatile office management skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs. Strong planner and problem solver who readily adapts to change, works independently and exceeds expecta... more 25
- Administrative Assistant Example 25
May 2010 – October 2015 / Catalina Smoke Shop, Catalina, Arizona Owner/Manager Delivered excellent customer service skills by greeting and assisting each customer. Traced inventory, ordered merchandise, controlled sales, reconciled ... more 26
- Administrative Assistant Example 26
The Buckle, Green Bay, Wisconsin (US) Freight Coordinator, August 2016 – Present Receive and ship all packages organize all in coming shipment and get them ready to be put out on the sales floor Coordinate with other stores to shi... more 27
- Administrative Assistant Example 27
Administrative Assistant – ( 8/1993 – 4/1999) Eastern Michigan Michigan , Ypsilanti, MI (USA) Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. 3 years receptionist/multi-line phone experience. Dist... more 28
- Administrative Assistant Example 28
Dillards, El Paso, TX October/2013 – February/2015 : Sales Maintain sales quota Execute price changes, ring sales, and inventory control Built long term relationships with customers Count each register when opening or closing Traine... more 29
- Administrative Assistant Example 29
Service Support Specialist/Deputy Court Clerk – City of Carrollton, TX 10/02/2000 – 06/15/2016 // Carrollton (United States) As a Deputy Court Clerk I worked at the customer service window and helped the defendants with the... more 30
- Administrative Assistant Example 30
Photo Sales Associate – ( March 5, 2008 – Current) Walmart, Lovejoy, GA (United States) Assisted clients to find items, informed about products’ characteristics, compared different models, described purchase terms and... more