Providing support is your specialty. You need a resume that supports you by pinpointing your best professional qualities in a succinct but memorable fashion. Our administrative assistant resume templates show you how to create one. A dynamic list of skills and an experience section that describes your greatest accomplishments can help you get the job you want.
We offer various methods to help you create a document that shows your ability to multitask and offer great service. Take advantage of our resume-building tools and tips from administrative assistant professionals. They turn writing a stellar resume into a practically effortless process.
Free Administrative Support Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional administrative support resumes.
How To Mention Your Administrative Assistant Experience
At first glance, the job duties of administrative assistants may look simple and straightforward. They answer phones and provide general office support to their supervisors and possibly others. The administrative assistant resume templates show you how to match your experience to the description of the specific job you want. Action words help you convey all the work you do behind the scenes:
• Utilize different types of software to manage calendars, create spreadsheets and databases, print labels, type letters, and summarize meeting notes
• Manage multiple phone lines to answer questions, make appointments, and direct calls to appropriate parties
• Create a filing system that organizes the office's important internal documents and protects client files
• Operate and perform minor troubleshooting maintenance on office equipment, such as copy or fax machines
• Anticipate the needs of supervisor, providing support to make his or her job easier and more effective
Administrative Assistant Resume Tips
By following the examples in our administrative assistant resume templates, you can create a strong document that is likely to get you an interview. Before you submit it to prospective employers, however, consider professional resume tips to improve your document.
1. Personalize Your Administrative Assistant Resume: Each administrative assistant position is different. The keywords in the job description provide hints about what the employer expects in a candidate. Use these keywords throughout your resume to indicate that you are a great match for the position.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: This statement is the first thing recruiters read. Your summary needs to provide a complete picture of the best qualifications you bring to the table, particularly those strengths that are unique.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: While you want your experience section to match the job description, you don't want it to read like one. Phrase the duties you perform as specific examples of how you help the office run smoothly.
Administrative Assistant Resume Templates
A great resume can land you a great job. Our administrative assistant resume templates provide real-world examples of awesome resumes.
The resume builder at My Perfect Resume gives step-by-step guidance for creating your resume. Combined with our tips from our professional contributors, you can create a standout document.
- Administrative Assistant Example 31
Administrative Assistant – ( 8/1993 – 4/1999) Eastern Michigan Michigan , Ypsilanti, MI (USA) Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. 3 years receptionist/multi-line phone experience. Dist... more 32
- Administrative Assistant Example 32
Dillards, El Paso, TX October/2013 – February/2015 : Sales Maintain sales quota Execute price changes, ring sales, and inventory control Built long term relationships with customers Count each register when opening or closing Traine... more 33
- Administrative Assistant Example 33
Kitchen Staff, July 2005 – July 2006 Bengoni’s Restaurant, Overland, Missouri, United States My position required doing many things such as dishes, making salads, cooking pizza, as well as clean up and upkeep of the dining ar... more 34
- Administrative Assistant Example 34
Administrative Assistant II – ( 2/28/2011 – Present) University of MD Fischell Deptartment of Bioengineering, College Park, MD (USA) Answered departmental queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Organized F... more 35
- Administrative Assistant Example 35
Manager – ( 06/01/2012 – Present) Smoothie King, Austin, Texas (United States) Assisted customers and answered all their questions about our products. Dealt with the cash register, returns and exchange requests. Organized i... more 36
- Administrative Assistant Example 36
Administrative / Accounting Assistant – ( 09-13-07 – 12-31-13) MC Advantages, Inc., Grimes, IA Purchasing, receiving, inventory control, A/R and A/R collection using Peachtree accounting software. Customer service phone, ... more 37
- Administrative Assistant Example 37
Medical Clerk, December 2015 – Present Infused Solutions, San Antonio, TX., United States Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. 2 years receptionist/multi-line phone experience. Trained new hire... more 38
- Administrative Assistant Example 38
Lawana Gandy EducationSan Jacinto College – Current Pasadena, TX, Harris Business Administration, Associates in progress Pursuing associates in business administration. Have taken many courses that would assist in job duties such as bu... more 39
- Administrative Assistant Example 39
One Fat Frog Inc, Orlando, Florida (United States) Client Service Coordinator, July 2015 – October 2015 Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Trained new hires. Provided administrative support ... more 40
- Administrative Assistant Example 40
Documents Clerk, August 16, 1982 – March 25, 1987 USAA Insurance CO., San Antonio, TX, Bexar 9 years receptionist/multi-line phone experience. Solely maintained the Auto/Property Library Trained new hires. Created and maintained ne... more