Employers looking for a data entry and word processing professional zero in on qualifications such as meticulous attention to detail. Therefore, you want to make sure your resume convincingly displays these qualities. You also need to list technical skills such as typing speed and software proficiencies.
Following the principle of showing instead of telling, our data entry and word processing resume templates demonstrate top ways to implement the writing advice you read. Learn how to polish your phrasing, select the right information, and personalize your document for each employer. This way, you increase the chances of getting the job you want.
Free Administrative Support Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional administrative support resumes.
How To Mention Your Data Entry and Word Processing Experience
Various employers may have widely different expectations for data entry and word processing candidates. Mirror the language of the job description to showcase how you can meet the employer's needs. Using strong action words can boost your work experience descriptions.
Take a look at our data entry and word processing resume templates for some examples of good experience descriptions. Here are some sample entries to start you off:
• Prioritize data entry projects based on workplace protocol, supervisor's instructions, and total workload to set up an effective project schedule
• Use medical coding software to enter patient information for billing and recording purposes; review entries to ensure lack of errors
• Maintain quality control through periodic review of entered data to detect errors or processing problems
• Enter documents into computer and check for errors; follow established protocols for flagging and correcting inaccurate entries
• Manage electronic filing system to ensure efficient retrieval and use of files; create easy-to-read user guide
Data Entry and Word Processing Resume Tips
Whatever your background and career goals, some basic writing principles can improve virtually any type of resume. We offer varied data entry and word processing resume templates from new and seasoned professionals alike who work in a range of industries. They use the following approaches to increase effectiveness:
1. Personalize Your Data Entry and Word Processing Resume: Chances are, your resume will face an ATS before a hiring manager reviews it. Boost the likelihood of passing by including the exact terms you see in the job posting.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Busy hiring managers do not take long to decide whether to keep reading or to discard a resume. Help them make the decision you want by packing interest and information into your summary.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Tell employers why it would be a good idea to hire you by relating ways in which you have added value to previous companies you worked for. Providing solid numbers enhances your credibility.
Data Entry and Word Processing Resume Templates
Real professionals in your field have contributed the array of data entry and word processing resume templates you see here. Modeling your document on these templates can help you get ahead in your job search. Use this effective resume builder for more personalized help.
- Data Entry And Word Processing Example 31
Front End Cashier – ( September 2014 – Current) Lowe’s, Chandler, Arizona (USA) By using great customer service, my responsibility is to make sure customers are satisfied with their visit and will return to our store ... more 32
- Data Entry And Word Processing Example 32
Hostess – Darden Foods (12/02/16/Present) Eugene, Oregon (United States) Answered customer queries in person, and by telephone. Greeted and directed professional visits.Line/Prep Cook – SSP America (01/02/16/11/22/16) L... more 33
- Data Entry And Word Processing Example 33
Deli Case Supervisor (04/2014 – 07/2015)Buehler’s Fresh Foods, Ashland, Ohio Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Trained new hires. Ordered and received supplies and retail products. ... more 34
- Data Entry And Word Processing Example 34
Student, 2012 – 2013 The Unviersity of Memphis, Memphis, TN, USA Foundation/Information Systems Extensive work in Excel Data Entry, Word processing Studied everything from the hardware of a computer to internet ethics etc. Enter, e... more 35
- Data Entry And Word Processing Example 35
lik xzac Education Pima Partnership High School, 2015, TucsonAZ, United States General Education, High School DiplomaInterests Public speaking Computing Puzzles Chess Socialising with friends Socialising with random people Photography... more 36
- Data Entry And Word Processing Example 36
xistha ta Education Loreto college, 2013, KolkataWest Bengal, India Social science, B.A Hons in Psychology with English and Education as Electives Graduate-2013Mahadevi Birla Girl’s Higher Secondary School, 2010, KolkataWest... more 37
- Data Entry And Word Processing Example 37
Cashier – ( March 2014 – Present) Dunkin Donuts, Windsor Locks, CT (USA) Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Maintained organization and kitchen cleanliness. Anticipated customers̵... more 38
- Data Entry And Word Processing Example 38
Sales Associate – ( 08/2015 – 01/2016) Ocean State Job Lot, Quincy, Massachusetts Assisted customers and answered all their questions about our products. Dealt with the cash register, returns and exchange requests. Answere... more 39
- Data Entry And Word Processing Example 39
Executive Administrative Assistant – ( August 1996 – August 1999) Harrah’s Entertainment Inc., Memphis, Tennessee Provided administrative support to Office of the Chairman, President and CEO. Organized Chairman’... more 40
- Data Entry And Word Processing Example 40
Data Entry/ BOE Secretary – ( 5/15/2006 – Present) Talladega County Courthouse, Talladega, AL/35160 (US) Trained new hires. Distributed mail and internal correspondence. Created and maintained new filing systems. Answered c... more