Executive assistants play a key role in providing essential support for company leaders. Organization, creativity, communication, and problem-solving are just some of the qualities employers seek in applicants for this position. In some industries such as law and medicine, employers may also want to see specialized knowledge.
Including major qualifications on your resume lets employers know you understand the importance of performing your job well. As a first step, proofread your document to avoid embarrassing errors that contradict your claims of meticulousness. Next, view our executive assistant resume templates and writing advice to upgrade your document even further.
Free Administrative Support Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional administrative support resumes.
How To Mention Your Executive Assistant Experience
Professional executive assistants use a mix of technical and general skills to deliver stellar job performance. Impress potential employers by using action verbs to describe your professional activities. Using specific terms from the job posting positions you as a good fit for the role.
Our executive assistant resume templates include excellent work experience sections that showcase the applicants' successful track records. The following entries offer a helpful starting point:
• Provide a full range of administrative, communications, informational, and logistic support to Chief Financial Officer
• Manage executives' travel schedules, book hotels and tickets, handle changes in plans, and ensure effective communication between all relevant parties
• Research and prepare meeting agenda, memoranda, and correspondence; compile sources for data citations; review written materials for spelling and grammar
• Schedule and coordinate company meetings, activities, and workplace initiatives; collaborate with various departments and outside vendors to produce events
• Manage face-to-face and phone interactions on behalf of the executive, greet visitors to the office, and address their needs appropriately
Executive Assistant Resume Tips
Composing a job-winning resume can be easier than most people assume. You do not need to jump through complicated hoops to craft a document that will impress hiring managers. Our executive assistant resume templates work because they incorporate the following vital approaches you can easily apply to your own writing:
1. Personalize Your Executive Assistant Resume: Adapt every resume you send to each employer. A document that emphasizes your fitness for a specific position tends to make more impact than a resume you clearly sent to a hundred other companies.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: Modern resume writing tips favor a summary over an objective statement. A brief pitch that lets employers know what you bring to the job is more likely to keep hiring managers reading.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Specific descriptions of your successes tend to stand out. Plus, it is easier for hiring managers to trust concrete assertions they can check. Use metrics such as revenues you increased or employees you supervised.
Executive Assistant Resume Templates
Our top-notch executive assistant resume templates from real-world professionals show you how to apply the resume advice you have read to your own writing. You can also get step-by-step assistance from this intuitive resume-building resource, which provides unique, well-written sections based on your information.
- Executive Assistant Example 1
HEB, San Antonio, Texas (USA) Warehouse Supervisor, 05/2015 – Current Date Guaranteed safety and cleanliness standards at the store. Examined, fixed and serviced diverse heavy industrial machinery and equipment. Used power tools, ... more 2
- Executive Assistant Example 2
Assistant Manager (Sep 2011 – Aug 2013) American Eagle Outfitters, Scottsdale, Arizona Maintained knowledge of current promotions, policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices. Oversaw and organized the custom... more 3
- Executive Assistant Example 3
Inspections Division Office Manager, June 2006 – Present Hunter Fire Protection, Forney, TX, United States Handle all day-to-day operations of inspection division for Fire sprinkler company based in the Dallas, TX area. Duties incl... more 4
- Executive Assistant Example 4
Regional Administrative Assistant, March 2017 – Present Wells Fargo, Cincinnati, Ohio, United States of America On board new hires- physical orientation/onboarding requirements, access and equipment Off board team members- retrieve... more 5
- Executive Assistant Example 5
Executive Assistant – ( 19/01/2009 – nowadays) IndÃºstria de Bebidas Pirassununga Ltda., sÃ£o Paulo, SÃ£o Paulo (Brazil) Activities: Assistance to the President and Sales Director. Correspondence and Document Receiv... more 6
- Executive Assistant Example 6
xudia as Objective To obtain a position that will enable me to use my strong organizational skills, educational background, and ability to work well with people. Education University of Phoenix, Henderson, Nevada Bachelor of Science, Busines... more 7
- Executive Assistant Example 7
VP Coordinator (01/12 – Present)Galderma Laboratories, L.P., Fort Worth, TX, USA Manage and maintain marketing Sharepoint content & security. Manage Scientific Advisor annual contract process & track invoices and paym... more 8
- Executive Assistant Example 8
Reports Analyst/ Workforce Assistant, Oct 2012 – May 2014 Convergys, Mandaluyong City, Manila, Philippines Distributed mail and internal correspondence. Created and maintained new filing systems. Provided administrative support for... more 9
- Executive Assistant Example 9
Executive Assistant to the COO – McDowell Family LLC April 2011 – Present // Akron (United States) Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Distributed mail and internal correspondence. Cre... more 10
- Executive Assistant Example 10
Systems Administrator (1 July 2003 – to date)Embassy of Nigeria, Woluwe St. Pierre, Brussels, Belgium Provided help-desk assistance to matters related to more than 20 employees for hardware and software solutions. Trained all em... more