According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, secretaries and administrative assistants may face a declining future job market. With employment opportunities expected to decrease by 5% between now and 2026, it’s vital to use any advantage you can to differentiate yourself from other jobseekers.
Your quest for your next career opportunity begins with a polished resume that quickly and effectively makes a compelling case for why you’re the best candidate for the job. Use our office assistant resume templates, packed with expert tips and real-world examples, to craft a winning document that markets your skills and qualifications to recruiters.
Free Administrative Support Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional administrative support resumes.
How To Mention Your Office Assistant Experience
Office assistants play key roles in many businesses, ensuring that their offices run at peak efficiency while supporting management, administrators, and other employees. Recruiters may give your resume extra scrutiny, since they’ll expect it to evidence your attention to detail and excellent communication skills. Our office assistant resume templates demonstrate how to emphasize these important qualifications by using language from the job posting and strong active verbs:
• Track and maintain office, printer, breakroom, and lounge supply inventories, purchasing and restocking items as needed
• Oversee office expenditures, inspect invoices, and submit payments to vendors at or before invoice due dates
• Compose and prepare memos, correspondence to external parties, reports, and internal documentation for meetings, mass distribution, and filing
• Coordinate outbound shipping and the receipt of product deliveries with couriers, shipping, and logistics providers
• Monitor and update manager’s calendars, edit departmental schedules, and organize both periodic and ad hoc meetings
Office Assistant Resume Tips
Review our office assistant resume templates for best practices that provide a solid start in creating your document. You can also study other resources such as this office assistant resume example to learn other useful information. Check out these additional tips to help you step up your resume game:
1. Personalize Your Office Assistant Resume: Cookie-cutter resumes do nothing to advance your career, so avoid sending the same document to multiple recruiters. Instead, craft a different version for every new application. Include important keywords from the job description that match your own skills.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: What better way to get a hiring manager’s attention than with a dynamic summary statement that pitches your professional brand? Write yours as a three-sentence paragraph that sells your most compelling and relevant qualifications.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: To illustrate how you’ve added value in your previous jobs, describe standout accomplishments using strong action verbs. If possible, include metrics in your descriptions.
Office Assistant Resume Templates
Look at our office assistant resume templates for helpful examples uploaded by real-world jobseekers just like you. Don’t forget that you can also use My Perfect Resume, a formidable resource with powerful built-in tools and professional advice, to jumpstart your document’s creation and bring it to expert-level perfection.
- Office Assistant Example 11
Collections Clerk – ( 1/2002 – 4/2004) Clinica De Salud Del Valle De Salinas, Salinas, California (Monterey County) 2 years receptionist/multi-line phone experience, Trained new Collections Clerk, Answered customer queries ... more 12
- Office Assistant Example 12
customer service (june 2015 – present)A duie pyle, westampton, new jersey, united states Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Dealt with client problems and complaints keeping cordial and he... more 13
- Office Assistant Example 13
Lead Med Tech (03/09 – present) Baptist Life Communities, Covington, KY, US I am the Lead for the personal care unit. My have a variety of duties in this role. I ensure that the floor is staffed. I also handle call ins and getting... more 14
- Office Assistant Example 14
Project Coordinator, November 2007 – June 2013 Flooring America Design Center, Miamisburg, Ohio Coordinated customer billing, set-up of new jobs, scheduled installations and provided customer support from point of sale through comp... more 15
- Office Assistant Example 15
Amanda Walker EducationWareham Senior High School – 2013 Wareham, MA, United States Liberal Arts, High School Diploma With a focus in AP English, Science, and Military Science.LanguagesFrench, Fluent: .Work historySales Flo... more 16
- Office Assistant Example 16
Senior Client Services Representative (July 2006 – Current) Capital Group, Norfolk, VA Interacting with internal and external customers regarding inquiries, unresolved issues concerning complex products and services. Engaging in m... more 17
- Office Assistant Example 17
Poker Dealer, August 2004 – September 2014 Isle of Capri, Sulphur, LA, USA Answered customer queries in person and by telephone. Trained new hires. Greeted and directed professional visits. Dealt with client problems and complaints... more 18
- Office Assistant Example 18
Senior Administrative Assistant – ( 07/2007 – 07/2013) Lassen County HSS- Mental Health, Susanville, CA (United States) First employee hired for M.H.S.A. A State funded program put in place to serve the unserved and under s... more 19
- Office Assistant Example 19
Williams Lea , New York, New York (United States) Office associate, 8/28/13 – still employed 3 years receptionist/multi-line phone experience. Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. 3 years sca... more 20
- Office Assistant Example 20
ah xnon Objective Bussboy, or any position that you feel would be better or needed. Interests Travelling Football/Soccer Socialising with friends Studying Russian Public speaking Photography Puzzles Chess Personal information Junior in Hig... more