According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, secretaries and administrative assistants may face a declining future job market. With employment opportunities expected to decrease by 5% between now and 2026, it’s vital to use any advantage you can to differentiate yourself from other jobseekers.
Your quest for your next career opportunity begins with a polished resume that quickly and effectively makes a compelling case for why you’re the best candidate for the job. Use our office assistant resume templates, packed with expert tips and real-world examples, to craft a winning document that markets your skills and qualifications to recruiters.
Free Administrative Support Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional administrative support resumes.
How To Mention Your Office Assistant Experience
Office assistants play key roles in many businesses, ensuring that their offices run at peak efficiency while supporting management, administrators, and other employees. Recruiters may give your resume extra scrutiny, since they’ll expect it to evidence your attention to detail and excellent communication skills. Our office assistant resume templates demonstrate how to emphasize these important qualifications by using language from the job posting and strong active verbs:
• Track and maintain office, printer, breakroom, and lounge supply inventories, purchasing and restocking items as needed
• Oversee office expenditures, inspect invoices, and submit payments to vendors at or before invoice due dates
• Compose and prepare memos, correspondence to external parties, reports, and internal documentation for meetings, mass distribution, and filing
• Coordinate outbound shipping and the receipt of product deliveries with couriers, shipping, and logistics providers
• Monitor and update manager’s calendars, edit departmental schedules, and organize both periodic and ad hoc meetings
Office Assistant Resume Tips
Review our office assistant resume templates for best practices that provide a solid start in creating your document. You can also study other resources such as this office assistant resume example to learn other useful information. Check out these additional tips to help you step up your resume game:
1. Personalize Your Office Assistant Resume: Cookie-cutter resumes do nothing to advance your career, so avoid sending the same document to multiple recruiters. Instead, craft a different version for every new application. Include important keywords from the job description that match your own skills.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: What better way to get a hiring manager’s attention than with a dynamic summary statement that pitches your professional brand? Write yours as a three-sentence paragraph that sells your most compelling and relevant qualifications.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: To illustrate how you’ve added value in your previous jobs, describe standout accomplishments using strong action verbs. If possible, include metrics in your descriptions.
Office Assistant Resume Templates
Look at our office assistant resume templates for helpful examples uploaded by real-world jobseekers just like you. Don’t forget that you can also use My Perfect Resume, a formidable resource with powerful built-in tools and professional advice, to jumpstart your document’s creation and bring it to expert-level perfection.
- Office Assistant Example 31
August 2013 – present / Bruce & Pamala Johnson, St. Paul, MN 55116 Personal Care Assistant I provide Mrs. Johnson assistance 32-40 hours per week as she is a stroke victim and is primarily in a wheelchair. Provide her with tra... more 32
- Office Assistant Example 32
Receptionist/Bookkeeper – ( December 2006 – January 2008) Cheely, O’Flaherty & Ayres, Chicago, IL (USA) Greeted and directed professional visits. Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail m... more 33
- Office Assistant Example 33
Terri Nolan Education Stratford Career Institute, Lacey, WA Certificate of Completion, Medical Transcription, 2016 Program trains the skills and knowledge to be successful as a Medical Transcriptionist. Provides courses on medical terminology, bod... more 34
- Office Assistant Example 34
Office Manager – ( Nov. 2004 – Dec 2013) Buckman & Whitbeck, PC, East Berne, NY (USA) Handled all office responsibilities within an Engineering/Land Surveying firm from Customer Service, bookkeeping, human resources, t... more 35
- Office Assistant Example 35
cashier (march 2015 – may 2016)royal farms arena, baltimore, maryland, USA Dealt with client problems and complaints keeping cordial and helpful. Operated the cash register and handled return or exchange requests. Reconciled pay... more 36
- Office Assistant Example 36
Program Associate (9/2007 – 12/31/2013) DBHDD, Milledgeville, GA, United States Ordered supplies; created spreadsheets in Excel for NPI & other departments; gathered data; entered data into Excel spreadsheets, Microsoft Word,... more 37
- Office Assistant Example 37
Office Manager, 2006 – Present Sewer Solutions, LLC, Henderson, CO, USA Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and, via e-mail messages. Tracked and maintained office assets, managed expense reports, and ordered supplies... more 38
- Office Assistant Example 38
Document Coodinator – ( 7/2015 – 9/2015) National Coupling Co/Hunting Energy Subsea, Stafford , Texas (USA) Coordinated documents (C of C, MTR’s, etc) for parts shipping to customers, Print packing slips as well, Make... more 39
- Office Assistant Example 39
Care Center Specialist, 01/2011 – Current Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, Maryland -Manage daily consult lists of new referral patients for Oral Motor, Nutriton, and Neurodevelopment clinic -Registration and scheduling of pat... more 40
- Office Assistant Example 40
OFFICE ASSISTANT – SIGMA MINERALS LTD. 17/11/2013 – 08/08/2014 // KHEJARLA JODHPUR (INDIA) Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Trained new hires. Distributed mail and internal correspo... more