According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, secretaries and administrative assistants may face a declining future job market. With employment opportunities expected to decrease by 5% between now and 2026, it’s vital to use any advantage you can to differentiate yourself from other jobseekers.
Your quest for your next career opportunity begins with a polished resume that quickly and effectively makes a compelling case for why you’re the best candidate for the job. Use our office assistant resume templates, packed with expert tips and real-world examples, to craft a winning document that markets your skills and qualifications to recruiters.
Free Administrative Support Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional administrative support resumes.
How To Mention Your Office Assistant Experience
Office assistants play key roles in many businesses, ensuring that their offices run at peak efficiency while supporting management, administrators, and other employees. Recruiters may give your resume extra scrutiny, since they’ll expect it to evidence your attention to detail and excellent communication skills. Our office assistant resume templates demonstrate how to emphasize these important qualifications by using language from the job posting and strong active verbs:
• Track and maintain office, printer, breakroom, and lounge supply inventories, purchasing and restocking items as needed
• Oversee office expenditures, inspect invoices, and submit payments to vendors at or before invoice due dates
• Compose and prepare memos, correspondence to external parties, reports, and internal documentation for meetings, mass distribution, and filing
• Coordinate outbound shipping and the receipt of product deliveries with couriers, shipping, and logistics providers
• Monitor and update manager’s calendars, edit departmental schedules, and organize both periodic and ad hoc meetings
Office Assistant Resume Tips
Review our office assistant resume templates for best practices that provide a solid start in creating your document. You can also study other resources such as this office assistant resume example to learn other useful information. Check out these additional tips to help you step up your resume game:
1. Personalize Your Office Assistant Resume: Cookie-cutter resumes do nothing to advance your career, so avoid sending the same document to multiple recruiters. Instead, craft a different version for every new application. Include important keywords from the job description that match your own skills.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: What better way to get a hiring manager’s attention than with a dynamic summary statement that pitches your professional brand? Write yours as a three-sentence paragraph that sells your most compelling and relevant qualifications.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: To illustrate how you’ve added value in your previous jobs, describe standout accomplishments using strong action verbs. If possible, include metrics in your descriptions.
Office Assistant Resume Templates
Look at our office assistant resume templates for helpful examples uploaded by real-world jobseekers just like you. Don’t forget that you can also use My Perfect Resume, a formidable resource with powerful built-in tools and professional advice, to jumpstart your document’s creation and bring it to expert-level perfection.
- Office Assistant Example 41
Office Manager, 2006 – Present Sewer Solutions, LLC, Henderson, CO, USA Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and, via e-mail messages. Tracked and maintained office assets, managed expense reports, and ordered supplies... more 42
- Office Assistant Example 42
Kirsten Hengstberger The Home DepotHead Cashier – ( September 2014 – Present) The Home Depot, Jackson, Tennessee Trained new hires.Creative Specialist – ( May 2000 – August 2010) Pekin Insurance, Pekin, Illinois... more 43
- Office Assistant Example 43
Elizabethtown Area School District, Elizabethtown, Pa (United States) Administrive Assistant, 08/27/2004 – 01/15/2013 Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. 3 years receptionist/multi-line phone... more 44
- Office Assistant Example 44
Export assistance – Asterias ï January 2010 – April 2010 // Charguia () – Follow up of production progress till export. – Preparating Export Flow. – Preparating the packing list. – Contac... more 45
- Office Assistant Example 45
Owner – ( 6/2007 – 6/2014) Kinder’s Meats Deli & BBQ, Stockton, Ca (USA) In charge of interviewing, hiring, training employees. Schedule employees. Ensure all employees are aware of and working in accordance with... more 46
- Office Assistant Example 46
Exportation Assistent (11/03/2008 – 06/10/2015)MSC Mediterranean Shipping Company Ltda. , Santos, Sao Paulo, Brasil Produced and made the conference of document (Bill of Lading), follow up with the custom V.I.P, mailed Telex Re... more 47
- Office Assistant Example 47
2001 – 2012 / Union tribune, San Diego , Ca. 92122 Packaging Analyzed and improved departmental operations. . Ensured efficient operation for receiving imports, stock allocations, inventory controls, order picking and packi... more 48
- Office Assistant Example 48
Landair Logistics, Ardmore, OK Office Clerk, July 2015 – September 2015 Created and maintained new filing systems. Greeted and directed professional visits. Used MS Access database software to keep records of clients, invoices, pa... more 49
- Office Assistant Example 49
Charles Street Objective To be an active and excellent employee in your organization and to express and develop my professional skills for the mutual benefit of the company and myself. Military experienceOpperations Assistant/ Property Manage... more 50
- Office Assistant Example 50
Assembly Line – ( 10/2014 – 4/2016) Cooper Standard Automotive , Surgoinsville, TN Tested automotive components to ensure good performing. Cleaned equipment and facilities. Put all component data in the computer. Filled o... more