Office managers serve as the lifeblood of their organizations, directing daily operations for their departments or front offices within small businesses. To grab a recruiter’s attention, your resume must demonstrate your unique blend of technical proficiencies, communication skills, leadership ability, and resource management experience. Not only that, it must hold a reader’s interest for more than the cursory six seconds it takes for most hiring managers to peruse a resume.
Fortunately, our office management resume templates are here to help you. We offer expert advice and examples to show you how to craft a stellar document with targeted, persuasive content.
Free Administrative Support Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional administrative support resumes.
How To Mention Your Office Management Experience
After getting a recruiter’s attention with a powerful summary statement, you must maintain this momentum by selling your office management experience. Don’t forget to incorporate language from the job advertisement and use strong action verbs to pen dynamic descriptions. Our office management resume templates provide guidance on how to describe your expertise:
• Author and distribute both internal company memos and external communications to vendors, clients, and other business connections
• Monitor staff members’ calendars, screening incoming appointment requests and scheduling as appropriate
• Compose, edit, and distribute training schedules for new and current sales associates
• Plan and execute company events such as parties, outings, staff meetings, luncheons, and seminars
• Coordinate booth reservations and schedule staff presentations at conventions, trade shows, meetings, and festivals
Office Management Resume Tips
Our office management resume templates provide some useful examples when writing your own, along with other resources such as this office manager resume sample from LiveCareer. At the same time, you can hone your document into a persuasive marketing tool by following these tips.
1. Personalize Your Office Management Resume: Using the same version of your resume every time you apply for a position forfeits a critical opportunity to customize your content. Review the job description and incorporate keywords that line up with your own qualifications.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: When written effectively, summary statements convince a recruiter to continue reading your resume. Craft yours as a marketing pitch, citing your most relevant qualifications and experience to prove that you’re the right candidate for the job.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Back up the claims you presented in your summary statement with descriptive statements of your achievements in your work history section, focusing on the results you gained for previous employers.
Office Management Resume Templates
Before you send your resume to recruiters, review our collection of office management resume templates contributed by real-world professionals in your field. Don’t forget to check out My Perfect Resume's builder, a powerful resource packed with professional advice, spellchecking tools, and other features to help you compose and polish an on-point resume.
- Office Management Example 1
Customer Service Representative – First National Bank October 2007 – November 2011 // Hawley () General teller dutiesCommercial Operations Specialist – Alerus Financial June 1983 – June 2007 // West Fargo ... more 2
- Office Management Example 2
Administration Manager, 8 January 2013 – 7 January 2017 United States Air Force, Hanscom AFB, Massachusetts, United States Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. 4 years receptionist/multi-line p... more 3
- Office Management Example 3
ASSISTANT MANAGER (May 2010 – Present)LIDS, Greenville, SC, United States Assisted customers and answered all their questions about our products. Assisted clients to find items, informed about products’ characteristics, co... more 4
- Office Management Example 4
CEO (November 2011 – January 2014) Complete Preservation & Restoration, Livonia, Michigan, United States Traveled to train and hire new sub-contractors in seven different sates for property preservation and rehabilitation of ... more 5
- Office Management Example 5
Office Supervisor (September 2007 – Present)Haverty’s Furniture, Tuscaloosa, AL Providing excellent customer service and management support Maintaining petty cash Processing payments Ordering all store supplies Pricing... more 6
- Office Management Example 6
Business Administrator (May 2012 – Jul 2014)Pentagon Research Pvt. Ltd., Pune, Maharashtra, India Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Trained new hires. Distributed mail and internal corres... more 7
- Office Management Example 7
Business Manager, February ’07 – August ’10 UC Early Learning Center, Cincinnati, OH, United States Maintained financial records. Administered the Hamilton County voucher program and the USDA food program. Maintained em... more 8
- Office Management Example 8
1. Intern Student ( May 2009 – October 2009 and 2011) – I am doing administrative job like filing, writing letter, taking minutes meeting, prepare memo and other administrative job as well. 2.Home Bakery Assistant ( June 201... more 9
- Office Management Example 9
Executive Secretary – ( 01/2014 – Current) State of Michigan, Okemos, MI (United States) Screen incoming correspondence, handle personally or forward to Director and staff as appropriate. Respond to telephone inquiries or r... more 10
- Office Management Example 10
Project Accountant (May 2011 – Present)CB&I (formerly Shaw Group), Middletown, OH, United States Time Record Keeping and Reporting Payroll Processing – Weekly and Interim Pcard Reconciliation Procurement of consumabl... more