Office managers serve as the lifeblood of their organizations, directing daily operations for their departments or front offices within small businesses. To grab a recruiter’s attention, your resume must demonstrate your unique blend of technical proficiencies, communication skills, leadership ability, and resource management experience. Not only that, it must hold a reader’s interest for more than the cursory six seconds it takes for most hiring managers to peruse a resume.
Fortunately, our office management resume templates are here to help you. We offer expert advice and examples to show you how to craft a stellar document with targeted, persuasive content.
Free Administrative Support Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional administrative support resumes.
How To Mention Your Office Management Experience
After getting a recruiter’s attention with a powerful summary statement, you must maintain this momentum by selling your office management experience. Don’t forget to incorporate language from the job advertisement and use strong action verbs to pen dynamic descriptions. Our office management resume templates provide guidance on how to describe your expertise:
• Author and distribute both internal company memos and external communications to vendors, clients, and other business connections
• Monitor staff members’ calendars, screening incoming appointment requests and scheduling as appropriate
• Compose, edit, and distribute training schedules for new and current sales associates
• Plan and execute company events such as parties, outings, staff meetings, luncheons, and seminars
• Coordinate booth reservations and schedule staff presentations at conventions, trade shows, meetings, and festivals
Office Management Resume Tips
Our office management resume templates provide some useful examples when writing your own, along with other resources such as this office manager resume sample from LiveCareer. At the same time, you can hone your document into a persuasive marketing tool by following these tips.
1. Personalize Your Office Management Resume: Using the same version of your resume every time you apply for a position forfeits a critical opportunity to customize your content. Review the job description and incorporate keywords that line up with your own qualifications.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: When written effectively, summary statements convince a recruiter to continue reading your resume. Craft yours as a marketing pitch, citing your most relevant qualifications and experience to prove that you’re the right candidate for the job.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Back up the claims you presented in your summary statement with descriptive statements of your achievements in your work history section, focusing on the results you gained for previous employers.
Office Management Resume Templates
Before you send your resume to recruiters, review our collection of office management resume templates contributed by real-world professionals in your field. Don’t forget to check out My Perfect Resume's builder, a powerful resource packed with professional advice, spellchecking tools, and other features to help you compose and polish an on-point resume.
- Office Management Example 11
Inside Sales Representative – ( February 2007 – Present) Special Metals Welding Products Company, Newton, NC (USA) Process Customer’s Orders, Return Authorizations and credit and debit requests. Provide both verbal a... more 12
- Office Management Example 12
Booking Coordinator (July 2016 – Present)Group Four Design Studio Ltd., New York, NY Maintain client booking system Successfully implement direct marketing campaigns Greet and direct professional visits.Education Montclair S... more 13
- Office Management Example 13
2007 – 2013 / Atrium Incorporated, New York, New York Administrative Manager, Retail Used MS Access database software to keep records of clients, invoices, payments and cancellations. Internal Audits. Provided administrative support... more 14
- Office Management Example 14
xam xton Education Northeast Technology Center, 2008, PryorOklahoma Welding, State of OK Certification Certificate programRogers State University, n/a, ClaremoreOklahoma General Education, n/a Some GenEd classes completed. Attended ... more 15
- Office Management Example 15
HOSA at FAU, Boca Raton , Florida April 2015 – Current : Treasurer I am the Financial officer of HOSA at FAU. Broward LGBTQA, Davie, Florida May 2015 – Current : Secretary I am in charge of the minutes for Broward LGBTQA I ... more 16
- Office Management Example 16
Brazosport Tire Company, Clute,, Texas Office Manager, June 1985 – Present Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Trained new hires. Distributed mail and internal correspondence. Created and mai... more 17
- Office Management Example 17
Corporate Administrotor – ( September 1996 – April 2006) Peterson Land & Dev. Inc., Hesperia, Ca (Usa) Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. 3 years receptionist/multi-line phone ex... more 18
- Office Management Example 18
Sales Specialist – ( June 2013 – Present) Verizon Wireless T.C.C., Phillipsburg , New Jersey (United States) Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Customer billing, set-up of new jobs an... more 19
- Office Management Example 19
Office Manager – ( April 2007 – Present) Stony Creek at Home, Inc, Madison, WI (53719) Answer customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. 8 years receptionist/multi-line phone experience. Train new hir... more 20
- Office Management Example 20
Bridge & Tunnel Real Estate, Brooklyn, NY (United States) Sales Agent, June 2008 – June 2013 Recorded and maintained data related to sales, rental and management of real estate. Took photographs and wrote property description... more