Office managers serve as the lifeblood of their organizations, directing daily operations for their departments or front offices within small businesses. To grab a recruiter’s attention, your resume must demonstrate your unique blend of technical proficiencies, communication skills, leadership ability, and resource management experience. Not only that, it must hold a reader’s interest for more than the cursory six seconds it takes for most hiring managers to peruse a resume.
Fortunately, our office management resume templates are here to help you. We offer expert advice and examples to show you how to craft a stellar document with targeted, persuasive content.
Free Administrative Support Resume Templates for Industry Professionals
Browse templates and job-specific examples of professional administrative support resumes.
How To Mention Your Office Management Experience
After getting a recruiter’s attention with a powerful summary statement, you must maintain this momentum by selling your office management experience. Don’t forget to incorporate language from the job advertisement and use strong action verbs to pen dynamic descriptions. Our office management resume templates provide guidance on how to describe your expertise:
• Author and distribute both internal company memos and external communications to vendors, clients, and other business connections
• Monitor staff members’ calendars, screening incoming appointment requests and scheduling as appropriate
• Compose, edit, and distribute training schedules for new and current sales associates
• Plan and execute company events such as parties, outings, staff meetings, luncheons, and seminars
• Coordinate booth reservations and schedule staff presentations at conventions, trade shows, meetings, and festivals
Office Management Resume Tips
Our office management resume templates provide some useful examples when writing your own, along with other resources such as this office manager resume sample from LiveCareer. At the same time, you can hone your document into a persuasive marketing tool by following these tips.
1. Personalize Your Office Management Resume: Using the same version of your resume every time you apply for a position forfeits a critical opportunity to customize your content. Review the job description and incorporate keywords that line up with your own qualifications.
2. Write a Powerful Summary Statement: When written effectively, summary statements convince a recruiter to continue reading your resume. Craft yours as a marketing pitch, citing your most relevant qualifications and experience to prove that you’re the right candidate for the job.
3. Use Specific Examples and Experiences: Back up the claims you presented in your summary statement with descriptive statements of your achievements in your work history section, focusing on the results you gained for previous employers.
Office Management Resume Templates
Before you send your resume to recruiters, review our collection of office management resume templates contributed by real-world professionals in your field. Don’t forget to check out My Perfect Resume's builder, a powerful resource packed with professional advice, spellchecking tools, and other features to help you compose and polish an on-point resume.
- Office Management Example 21
Nalco Company, Birmingham, AL June, 1996 – Present : District Administrator General office management. Support Accounts Receivable with invoice disputes. Administrative duties such as customer setup, contract management, order proce... more 22
- Office Management Example 22
Operations Manager – ( 05/2007 – 10/2014) Marlin Transport, Christine, TX (US) Dispatched flatbed trucks predominately hired to transport pipe and oilfield materials. Account management for all accounts. Accounts payable/re... more 23
- Office Management Example 23
Prosthetics Representative – ( 01/03/2009 – Present) Veterans Affairs , Durham, North Carolina 27705 (Wake) Generate and approve award for the Clothing allowance grant. Liason with suppliers of prosthetic appliances and de... more 24
- Office Management Example 24
Financial Director (November 2008 – April 2014)Ground Level Cafe, Naperville, IL, United States Tracked and maintained office assets, managed expense reports, and ordered supplies. Created and maintained new filing systems. Cust... more 25
- Office Management Example 25
Regus, Las Vegas, NV January 2015 – Present : Senior Customer Service Representative Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. 3 years receptionist/multi-line phone experience. Trained new hires. Dis... more 26
- Office Management Example 26
, Intermediate, 3 years Extremely fast at learning new skills, Expert, 20+ years ... more 27
- Office Management Example 27
Office Manager – ( January, 2002 – September, 2004) Murchison Trucking, Lockhart, TX (USA) Prepared weekly payroll Paid Comptroller monthly Maintained driver’s log books for DPS Tracked and maintained office assets, m... more 28
- Office Management Example 28
Office Manager – ( August 2013 – Present) Contemporary Dance Studio, Sioux City, Iowa (United States) Built, published, and maintain studio website Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. ... more 29
- Office Management Example 29
QA Analyst, August 2010 – April 2011 Jackson Hewitt Technology Headquarters, Sarasota, FL, USA Performed technical design for major changes to existing company environments. Cooperated with the team in implementing new technology i... more 30
- Office Management Example 30
Human Resources Admin (10/2012 – 7/2015)Ashley Furniture, Ecru, MS, USA Answered customer queries in person, by telephone and via e-mail messages. Trained new hires. Created and maintained new filing systems. Provided administra... more